PDA

View Full Version : Mramc3, Hes a great guy, and Im petty

wickeddroptop
12-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I just want to throw our business out there, because I am an angry petty individual. Long story short, I had a CPR backpack for sale, w/ MJ1200 that I told him I would trade him for some corals. I told him I would take his 3 headed frogspawn and the rest in Zoos. He comes over with, the Frogspawn, a mushroom rock, and some so called zoos. He said that they would not open for him, but mabye in my tank they would. I agreed, being the nice guy I am as he said, if they dont work out, let him know, and he would make it up to me. After close inpection of the rocks, the following day, I noticed one of the 3 didnt have anything at all on it, and between the other 2 there were about 15 zoos tops. A week goes by, I let him know, he I havent seen anything, and there seems to be less of them. He tells me that hes picking some stuff up this weekend, and he'll get back to me. Another week and a half goes by, nothing. I pm him, he says hes breaking down his tank, and when he posts, just pick something, and hell get back to me on it. I did when he posted, and watched him reply to everyone else but me over the course of 3 days. So I am saying this, I no longer want anything, mostly just because it wouldnt be safe for him, if I were to be standing in front of him. I just had to vent a little bit, and I made a pretty menacing comment on his thread, and someone is going to complain about me or probobly try to get me banned for this. Bottom line is, I got ripped off and lied to, and I do not appreciate it, or forget

malachai629
12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Actually I feel that it's good to know when a deal doesn't go right, so the rest of us can make a more educated decision when deciding with whom we choose to do business.

luistwentyone
12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
..... it wouldnt be safe for him, if I were to be standing in front of him......

YEAH !!!!!! lol :D

sorry to hear what happened to you.

DaChrisDude
12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
[quote= from another thread]

Today, 09:01 AM
mramc3
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2005
My location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickeddroptop
Well I guess your not going to reply to me. They hell with it, I dont want sh#t from you. Keep it and enjoy the skimmer. One more thing, dont let me ever, ever, catch you out and about in SD, because if and when I see you, its on. Unless you want to be a man, and come over to my house, we could take care of business. I could care less about the couple of bucks, I really could. Its the principal of it. No matter how small of an amount, stealing, is stealing and scamming is scamming, and Bullsh&*ng is Bullsh$@%g. And it would be a better idea for you to run, rather than to see how serious I am.

Relax bro, come down to my house. My address was there. I am not trying to scam you. I'll be home at 630pm. If you have a problem. come on over.

Jeff

[quote]

Genaroleon
12-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Twelve O'Clock High :D

crstjohn
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
I live close to Jeff and have dealt with him a few times. The first time he gave me a lot of FW stuff for free. After that I loaned him my Klein Butterfly for aptasia and later he gave it back. As you know he is a very nice person but difficult to get ahold of. Probably busy like the rest of us. He should have responded to your post but sounds like he is willing to make it right, and am sure he would have done so without the threats (eventually). Hope you guys can work it out peacefully:)

lth03
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
One time I have an overflow box I gonna sell for $20 and Jeff want to trade for one rock with more than 10 head of zoos on it,He said they are green zoo He just pick up as a pack from other member order from Florida,I took it home and lately couples week later it turn out orange,not green,I can buy them from LFS for less than $10????
He traded me something not even worth half what I have.Bad deal.
The next time He want to trade,I am not going to with him,I just sell it.
Actually about 2 month ago I have couple skimmer for sell and He want to trade and I say no and He back off.I guess if I trade with him that time I will end up like wickeddroptop.
I am not really like the way Jeff doing trade on this board,one time trade go bad,I will never do it again.

Heather
12-14-2006, 12:09 PM
One suggestion I would make would be to trade equipment for other equipment. That way, if the coral you get dies, you don't feel so bad while the other guy gets a working part. Just an idea for future trades...I know it does nothing to help you out with this now....Sorry you feel screwed, and hopefully he'll make it up to you.

Daniel
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
One suggestion I would make would be to trade equipment for other equipment.
That, or... don't trade at all. I've had a few bad experiences with trades on SDReefs too, but I learned my lesson and never ask for trades unless it's someone I have dealt with before. It usually turns out 1 person benefits more from a "trade" IMO, it's never truly balanced.

Heather
12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
That, or... don't trade at all. I've had a few bad experiences with trades on SDReefs too, but I learned my lesson and never ask for trades unless it's someone I have dealt with before. It usually turns out 1 person benefits more from a "trade" IMO, it's never truly balanced.
You're probably right...I've only traded on here twice.
Russel gave me a frogspawn and asked for a 6 pack of beer...
Danny gave me a frogspawn, green monti cap, and a two headed candycane, and asked for a 6 pack of diet coke...
Both were upgraded to a 12 pack...aren't I just the best?? ;)
Oh, and I can't forget Jasper's great donation of a orange monti...all he asked in return was for my family to enjoy it...
But really, I think those situations were more in the PIF nature since we were new to the site...:p
I don't have anything in my tank to trade, so the few things we've gotten on here we paid for. I actually prefer it that way just for the reason you said...someone usually comes out with the better deal...and someone may end up with hard feelings... In fact, when I feel it's lopsided and I'm coming out the winner, I insist on giving more. I appreciate a great deal, but I like to be fair too.

cagirly2006
12-14-2006, 01:06 PM
damn sorry to hear that, when you mention the word trade 99% of the time you get offered less then what your trading!! Thats what i have noticed!! if your okay with that then theres no problem but when you really got fu$#ed then it sucks!! I am ususally willing to talk less then its worth and eat the rest just to get rid of it quickly, because most of them time its something i really dont want anymore!!

...From what it sounds like it seems as if he wants to hook you up and give you something else, Hope thats the case!! GoodLuck!!

Ashley