PDA

View Full Version : Update on my almost stock 24 aquapod

ocean1
12-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I know got to get the cheto out but heres a quicky everythings doing great! Thanks Eric for those frags a while back they are growing very nicely. The others are on the sides not in the pic,but all have grown alot =)
Heres a quick shot not a great camera but you get the idea lol http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/oceangor/000_0394.jpg

Nigritude
12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I like the aquascape and is that chaeto in the tank? Are you going for half macro algae half coral look?

Eric F
12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Tank looks real good. Glad I could help.

Daniel
12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
actually that chaeto adds a nice touch to the different array of colors :)

leave it in! ;)

ocean1
12-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I have a few differnt types of macros in there for color and to make it apear more natural. I haven trimmed the cheto in a couple weeks so its due but the red macros I have three types and I keep them pruined and in certin areas of the tank.So far so good as long as the phos and nitrates are extremely low they are managable.
Up top where the huge bunch of xenia is there it an incredible zoo colony that is now all but hidden by the xenia. Anone know how to frag or trim xenia without killing it? I would love to see that zoo again lol

DaChrisDude
12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
very nice looking tank! Not sure about the chaeto, but definitely like the other macro's. Very nicely packed for only 24 gallons...

ALIFER
12-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Anone know how to frag or trim xenia without killing it? I would love to see that zoo again lol
Sharp scissors or a razor blade works great, just lay the cutoff frags on a shell or piece of rock in a low flow corner of the tank and they will start growing. Watch for little pieces of xenia floating around because they will start growing where ever they land. I've had xenia kill zoos by overgrowing them, so keep the xenia trimmed!