PDA

View Full Version : Any one want to give away a beautiful fish tank?

lth03
12-07-2006, 09:16 PM
My brother ask me to list for him on CL his 100 gallons for sale and this is the E-mail I got:

Subject: Salt water fish tank for sale 100 gallons beautiful - $650
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:10:18 -0800
From: "Riki Pavelec" <rikip@carvin.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: sale-245144516@craigslist.org
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

I am still looking for a freebee (Christmas present for a sick little girl). If you “can’t sell your tank & sick of looking at it take up space in your home, call me. I will pick it up in a heart beat. Please consider. Thanks.

Riki

858-292-9988

lth03
12-08-2006, 08:40 AM
I was teasing him and get about 7 Email from the dude try to come over pick up my tank?
This is the last one I just receive:

Subject: RE: Salt water fish tank for sale 100 gallons beautiful - $650
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:30:01 -0800
From: "Riki Pavelec" <rikip@carvin.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Hung Le" <hungle2267@yahoo.com>

I just wanted to write you ONE more time. Were you SERIOUS or JOKING about your response?

Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 1:37 PM
To: Riki Pavelec
Subject: Re: Salt water fish tank for sale 100 gallons beautiful - $650

YOU WANT TO GO TO MY HOME PICK UP THE FISH TANK TODAY?
YOU ARE WELCOME TO.
COME ON OVER AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU.

Riki Pavelec <rikip@carvin.com> wrote:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

I am still looking for a freebee (Christmas present for a sick little girl). If you “can’t sell your tank & sick of looking at it take up space in your home, call me. I will pick it up in a heart beat. Please consider. Thanks.

Riki

858-292-9988

this message was remailed to you via: sale-245144516@craigslist.org

cagirly2006
12-08-2006, 08:44 AM
yeah you gotta be careful sometimes on Craigslist i get e-mail like that all the time when certain things go up, kittens are a good example. People were writing me all the time saying i dont have $40 to pay for a kitten but i will be able to afford to raise it and take care of it!! BULL S#$T!! $40 is almost nothing. Lots of scandelous people on that website looking to get stuff as cheap as possible.

DaChrisDude
12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Hung, that sounds kinda mean. You don't really know he's scamming you. Certainly possible, but not for sure.

lth03
12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
He also solicit ilikualot for a free tank too.So HOW MANY BEAUTIFUL FISH TANK A SICK LITTLE GIRL NEED FOR CHRISTMAX ?Why She want a 100 gallon tank?
The term " Christmas present for a sick little girl" is his excuse to go around begging for free stuff and turn around and sell it.
I want to tease him to see how far he can go and convince him to meet me and confront him,that is my plan.I hate cheater.
I will keep you guy post on this.Hope I can meet him soon to see how ugly he look like.

DaChrisDude
12-08-2006, 09:36 AM
ask him what disease/malady/ailment his little girl has.

lth03
12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I just ask him that if I can pay the "sick little girl" a visit before I can give away the fish tank and He is avoiding it?Ha ha gotcha.
There is no such "sick little girl"
Only him make up the story and follow it to the End.
you guy should give him a call try to offer a FREE 10 gallons beat up tank with junky equiment in is to see what he say.
I am very much done with this scammer name Riki 858-292-9988

cagirly2006
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
*** tell him that you will give him the tank only if you can meet the little girl and see what he says.

MrKrispy
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
I get the sick little children or sick/elderly woman all the time on craigslist. I don't trust anyone on there. I love when you list household stuff and people want it for free. If I wanted to donate it I would take to Salvation Army or Goodwill!

cagirly2006
12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
yeah i used to get ppl saying i will gladly take it for free and here is my address if you want to give it to me and oh yeah i dont have a car so you will have to deliver it to me and im kind of broke right now so i cant give you gas money in return!! F off!! LOL

and those people on there posting threads asking for $$$ that people can donate because there poor and they have 17 hungry kids at home so this is my address please send any $$$ there.

OMG!! your right i dont trust ANYONE on there either...

BigAir
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I am now curious to see what I get about my carburetors that I just posted.:D

cagirly2006
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
lol probably some homeless person saying that they need it cheaper so that they can get to there drug dealers house or something.

lth03
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Just a joke:
bigair please donate the carb to me,I have a sick little girl waiting for your carb to put on my car so I can drive her to the doctor.....please give it to me for free
PS. please make sure it is still in good working condition just in case we need to sell it for gas money.
Thank you for consider.