PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with hot air guns?

SolRo
12-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Just got one...should it be giving off smoke after i turn it off?

SDguy
12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Mine never did. Is yours brand new?

wickeddroptop
12-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I have had years of experience with a hot air gun, she is about 5'7" 130 and blonde. Cant ever shut it off.

Sorry, couldnt resist

roworld
12-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Lol!!:d

phishphood
12-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Solro, you talking about a heat gun? Like the type used to strip paint and/or bend acrylic. If so then...I don't think it should be smoking. Mine never did, but it might if you got something on the end of it. There usually is, however, a distinct smell that I can't quite place, doesn't realyl smell ilke smoke to me though...

SolRo
12-07-2006, 12:54 AM
it's comming from the inside when turned off

Elanglio
12-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I have used these things many a times.

Your gun SHOULD NOT be giving off smoke when you turn it off. Seeing t'he smoke coming out of ANY electrical equipment is a big sign that something is wrong and the equipment should not be used.

If your gun is brand new, you got a defective gun. Do not use it again and return/swap it for another.

If it is a few years old and has seen better days, throw it out and buy a new one.

I had a job reparing cell phones for a while. If it was my gun and used, I would tear the ***** apart and see if I could spot for any defects within gun and see if its just a 'quick fix' size job. I am a firm believer that any problem can be solved with a little duct tape and inginuity.