PDA

View Full Version : Dog Question

SDFISHMAN
11-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Will my dog is looking alittle funny.. I'm not sure if she ate something bad but she was throwing up white foam. If anyone has any idea LMK thanks..

Cormuff
11-23-2006, 11:29 PM
not sure how long this has been going on with your dog but i know that if a dog eats something that blocks its GI path it will vomit and either not poop or have diarhea untill the blockage is resolved try removing food and water for the next 12 hrs tat way it won't have anything to throw up. then give it some ice cubes to eat. if it keeps those down for like 30min to an hour try a bit of water and if that goes well try some food...... sorry i have a boxer that seems to eat random things and after going to the vet a million times for the same thing the told me this routine for a couple days before bringing her in

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Its been going on for a few hours. She threw up 2 times and 1 runny ****.. Shes sleeping right now but I think she might of picked up some thanksgiving dinner.. I'll keep an eye on her.. Thanks.. First dog so I have no idea whats going on.. Few awhile she was shaking..

GoTakuF1
11-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Good advice posted earlier regarding this issue. It's most likely human food that her stomach is not used to that's causing her to vomit. I don't remember seeing a lot of grass around your house, Justin, but when my dogs were puppies, they often chewed grass from our backyard and would upchuck it all up.

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Good advice posted earlier regarding this issue. It's most likely human food that her stomach is not used to that's causing her to vomit. I don't remember seeing a lot of grass around your house, Justin, but when my dogs were puppies, they often chewed grass from our backyard and would upchuck it all up.

Thank for the info Minh.. So I take it I shouldn't be too worried its normal.. That dog mows my backyard:D and I think I might have some grass outside I just need to water:D ... All my friend around here with there nice lawns and I keep asking them "Why does my grass look like ****" all they say is I need to water.. That might be the first step:cool: ..

Ronberto
11-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Yo, was your dog around other dogs? Not to worry you but kind of sounds like the beginning stages of parvo. If your dog doesn't accept food or water tomm morning i would go to the vet asap.

GoTakuF1
11-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Yo, was your dog around other dogs? Not to worry you but kind of sounds like the beginning stages of parvo. If your dog doesn't accept food or water tomm morning i would go to the vet asap.

Possibly, if there's blood in the diarrhea. Parvos is quite severe though, hope she does better tomorrow.

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 02:00 AM

Nope she hasn't been around any other dogs.

brahm
11-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Same thing just happend to my girl, took her to the vet and got her some antiboitics. Cleared it up in a couple days.

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 10:56 AM
ON my way to the vet:( ..

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Update. She has parvo:( .. $1000 and 4 days she has a 50% chance to live..

Chanas4
11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
She will survive SdFishman you took her earlier enough on and they are better at treating than they used to. I had a dog years and years ago when Parvo was a new thing not many dogs made it, but mine did so the vet didnt charge me anything just for the leaarning experience. You didnt get her shots? You have insurance for your dog? I have health insurance for mine. Its worth it because they become like your kids.

SDFISHMAN
11-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I hope she makes it.. My daughter is looking for here right now.. I got her 4 weeks ago with no papers (Lost at work). She had her first shot but I was suppose to take her in next week.. Her first signs where yesterday so I hope I got here there in time. I ended up getting insurance & a dog credit card.. I'll keep her updated.. Thanks for all the help.

Chanas4
11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Insurance and credit card !! Perfect. I am so glad you did that. I have had my dogs for years, older one is the mother of two litters I sold. I have always done it that way. I get reimbursed by the insurance then pay off the doggie credit card. You will never be in the position of having to put her down.
Since you caughtit the first day she will definitely make it. The trick is to get the hydration in early, thats what kills them, dehydration.

dexsmokey
11-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Justin Buddy Best of luck with the Pup. I know how it goes and i have been there done that. My Pit lab started life as a junk yard puppy but i got her shortly after having made it through Parvo and Being ran over by a tow truck which broke her back leg.by the time i got her Parvo was gone and back leg healed on its own. She is now a very Healthy happy spoiled rotten senior youngster i have had her at 12 years now and we just call her a room mate now. Oh almost forgot she was bit by a rattlesnake too and even survived that. I have the snake skin and Rattle to prove that battle.Cheering for the Pup here bro Thanxs for the Shroom Leather rock again doing awesome. Brian

SDFISHMAN
11-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks Brian hopefully everything goes good.. My daughter won't go to sleep without her dog tonight so I'm still up. Hopefully she comes home soon..

dexsmokey
11-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Bro i am so Sorry to hear about the Pup and so is my wife tammy. Wishing all the best for you and your Daughter. Mainly the Puppy Bro it should pull through.

Ronberto
11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Man,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you caught it in time. Good luck to ya bro.

Ron

SDFISHMAN
11-25-2006, 01:31 PM
1 Day $840.. They say she is ready to come home tomorrow.. They said she is very strong and holding fluds down..

Ronberto
11-25-2006, 01:34 PM
yeah man parvo is some seriouse stuff. Glad you found it early enough though and your pup is lucky he has an owner willing to throw down that cash.

Ron

Wulfhound
11-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the pup that really sucks man. Hope all goes well and the the liitle lady is home soon.

Best whishes to you and your family

Wulfhound

luistwentyone
11-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Justin,

before you bring the dog home, you might to clean up the area where you kept the dog with ammonia if possible.

I lost a Rott puppy and Pit puppy to parvo. Haven't had a dog since.

hope all goes well with you, best wishes

alex4angela
11-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow :eek: that hurts but well worthy it I hope. You might want to keep that puppy inside for awhile till it's immune system gets stronger. Hope things go well for you Justin. What breed is your pup? Alex \
1 Day $840.. They say she is ready to come home tomorrow.. They said she is very strong and holding fluds down..

malachai629
11-26-2006, 07:43 AM
What an unbelievable stroke of bad luck. I've had dogs all my life and never dealt with Parvo. I'm sorry your first pup is such a difficult experience! Honestly though, as sappy as this sounds, you're going to love her so much more once you're through it all...

Chanas4
11-26-2006, 08:32 AM
:-) $840.00 thats just a drop in the bucket to what you will spend for that girl in the future. I have spent thousands on my girls and worth every penny.
SD when my dog caught parvo I had to wash all the dogs bedding before she came home and scrub the patios areas down, hose any grass. Oh, and I think dogs (pet dogs) know when they have been close to dying because they like to milk it for a while :-) You will have to cater to her. She has probablyhad her second shot now, right? I heard that second shot is what makes the big difference.

Chanas4
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
How is the pup????

SDFISHMAN
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
She is bounceing off the walls.. Last night she wasn't looking to good.. She didn't want to eat or drink.. They wanted her to come back $ 50 to come in and $ 40 to feed her and give her meds. I did it myself. A baby spoon and a plastic syringe to give her water.. Today she eats and drinks by here self. 3 types of med 2 times a day she looks good.. Just got her shot records today and she never got any shots only dewormed..

Cormuff
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
wow man sry to hear about your pup.... i haven't checked this post in the last day or two and came back to ..... "she's got parvo" and the first thing that popped into my head was the person you bought her from tried to save some cash and sell a non imunized pup. sure enough... well hope everything goes well and glad to hear you didn't take my advice about waiting it out. but my boxer has the symptoms you described for a couple days almost every month.... then again she eats random stuff that she shouldn't

Chanas4
11-28-2006, 06:37 AM
If her appetite get a little down in next few days they have this stuff called NutraCal. Its an a kind of toothpaste tube. Vitamins that also stimulate their appetite. Maybe she was just tired from her adventure.

malachai629
12-01-2006, 09:15 AM
How is the pups anyway?