PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Acoustic,....and a question

Limbo
01-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Anyone running The Hamilton 14K bulbs? I wanted to try a blue bulb, but I have heard mixed opinions on the 20K bulbs (i.e.-too blue),....soooo I thought I would try the 14k's.

Currently running Ushio's 10K with 96W PC Actinic. I like how the corals floureses under the bluer lights though.

Thanks,

Jim

[G]h0s']['
01-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm using the hamilton 20k 250watt bulb. Not as bright as I though it would be, but it's pretty blue. Tagging along to see what others think.

On a side note, does anyone know if iwasaki bulbs would work on custom sea life ballasts?

Acoustic
01-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks.........but I know absolutely nothing about Metal Halide bulbs and setups. I have read from another thread that running a 20k the same as a 14k. And I have also read from another thread that any Metal Halide bulb higher than 10k does not need acintic supplementation. However, do not take any of that as fact because I did not read it from a scientific publication.

nalbar
01-23-2004, 07:52 PM
why not just buy the 12K or 14k when you have to switch bulbs? even if you did it now you still have the 10k. that is what i plan to do.

btw, i had heard part of the problem with 20k is not just blueness but they are quite a bit dimmer.

nalbar