PDA

View Full Version : How many hermits.....

Therapy
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
ANy opinions????
How many hermits can you have in one tank? For example, whats the max number of these blue legged hermits could I drop in a 240 gallon tank? How many turbo astrea snails?
I ordered a bunch, and want to make sure my tank can support them all.

Yolo
11-13-2006, 09:34 PM
As many as your tank can support...:) ...general rule is 1 per gal, but I would not recommend dropping 240 in there (not to mention the cost). Its a gradual thing where you phase it in. If you drop in too many, you might have accelerated die off. Too little can't hurt. Just have to make sure they have enough life to eat and enough target shells lying around to occupy when they grow out of he ones they are in. No predators (larger hungry wrasses, eels) to much on them. I have the usual empty shells at the bottom of the tank...think the real answer to this is:

It depends.

;)

luistwentyone
11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
As many as your tank can support...:) ...general rule is 1 per gal, but I would not recommend dropping 240 in there (not to mention the cost). Its a gradual thing where you phase it in. If you drop in too many, you might have accelerated die off. Too little can't hurt. Just have to make sure they have enough life to eat and enough target shells lying around to occupy when they grow out of he ones they are in. No predators (larger hungry wrasses, eels) to much on them. I have the usual empty shells at the bottom of the tank...think the real answer to this is:

It depends.

;)

yeah, what he said.

hey Therapy, do you drive a Mercedes ?

swissfish
11-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Hermits usually knock over my corals and hunt my beloved snails. In short, I don't like hermits all that much. Big snails are a some sort of pain too:)
Just make sure all your corals are firmly attached.

july865
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
not to robb this thread, but where can i get those "target shell"? my LFS doesnt have any.

Yolo
11-14-2006, 12:29 PM
up by the bagging station...some people say rinse them good, some say light boil them...

Therapy
11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah, what he said.

hey Therapy, do you drive a Mercedes ?

I drive a BMW 530. Wanted to get the new BMW M3, but my wife said no.

luistwentyone
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I drive a BMW 530. Wanted to get the new BMW M3, but my wife said no.

oh ok, on my way to work the other day I saw this Mercedes with the lic plates that read "ther8py"