PDA

View Full Version : Homey is home !

luistwentyone
11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I setup a 90 glass FOWLR, with the intent of having one main fish, a Clown Trigger.

I went to AW, they wanted $100 for 3-4 inch Clown Trigger (very nice fish)

I went to BR, same, they wanted $100 for the same size fish, both fish at AW and BR were beautiful bright healthy fish.

So then I go to Goldfish World, and they had the same size fish, just as bright, just as healthy active fish for the same price, except they were reasonable, they worked with me and gave it to me for $70 !

I named my fish Homey the Clown. I'll take pictures in a few days and post them. He is one beautiful fish.

Props out to Goldfish World.

swissfish
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Where is goldfish world at?

KingRB
11-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Located off of convoy street a few blocks south of BR

Only bad part about Gold Fish is they always have copper in the fish tanks, I stopped buying fish there because they would die with in a few day's.
Or get ich with in a few days. My cleaner shrimp would clean the fish up but they stay many days in the holding tank.

Plus side, the people at Gold Fish World are good people. unlike the other 2 LFS on that street.

If you ever go to LA they sell those fish for $29

coral diver
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
in the middle of nijiya japanese market and sunraise buppet

luistwentyone
11-12-2006, 09:08 PM
.....they always have copper in the fish tanks......

most, if not all, lfs use copper in their fish only tanks. ask them, they'll tell you. thats why they tell you not to dump the water into your fish tank. I think copper is standard practice for fish only tanks.

the last clown trigger I had, I bought from them, lived for close to 3 years, til my nephew fed him shrimp from Seafood City. this guy grew to about 12 inches !