PDA

View Full Version : Computer help!

Heather
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I seemed to have killed my old computer today! I have an older computer running Windows 98 Second Edition. I was trying to clean it up so I can try to network it to my new computer. I went into internet options and deleted the cookies and then clicked to delete files. I've done this many times on different computers and never had a problem, until today. Right after I was done I seemed to be locked out of everything! Every icon I clicked said that I couldn't have access, or that the file was no longer there. Then the screen seemed to freeze and wouldn't let me click on anything except Start at the bottom, so I clicked restart my computer. Now that my computer rebooted it tells me that I need to re-enter my Windows 98 product registration key to begin the setup. ***?? What happened? Of course I don't have a registration key for a computer that is like 6-8 years old! Does anyone happen to have a registration key I can use, or have any other suggestions to help salvage this computer? The computer itself doesn't have anything important on it except Microsoft Office. I wanted to network the 2 so I can continue to access Office,and so the kids can have internet in their room. I can't afford to spend a few hundred bucks on a new Office program, and the new computer I bought only has Microsoft Works :(

dhuynh
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Heather, call me.

Heather
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Heather, call me.
I left you a message...
There is no absolute hurry to take care of this, just wondering if it could be saved :)