PDA

View Full Version : ADG ... just drooling at their tanks.

Daniel
11-03-2006, 01:29 PM
stumbled on this link, wanted to share

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/detected.php?page=&pass=

check out the galleries ... some of their setups are jaw-dropping, i envy the guys who own these houses! :mad:

jharr
11-03-2006, 03:19 PM
This might sound like sour grapes, but did that seem ridiculously excessive to anyone else? I dunno, personally, I would rather be a poor hobbyist who has to maintain and nurture my weak little 20L than a welathy show-off who hires someone to come and make sure that their display piece doesn't have any algae or the corals aren't clashing with the new spring design colors. But that's just me.

cagirly2006
11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
haha clashing with the new spring design colors!! LOL

But thats the whole fun in this hobby is doing it by yourself!!

Daniel
11-03-2006, 04:47 PM
my point was to show how nice their displays look! not to discuss how much of a showoff those rich *******s are :)

they maintain numerous tanks that look very impressive.

marcof
11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Wow those tanks are amazing. Did you checkout the freshwater ones?

reefermadness
11-03-2006, 06:20 PM
some of those planted tanks looked streight out of tfh and other mags. top notch tanks. At least these rich *******s pay for a nice setup, i have seen rich people that pay out the a$$ for some crapy setup with fake corals and a couple of nemos.

sandogrob
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
If I were a rich ******* I'd do the same thing!!!!!!

crstjohn
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
some of those planted tanks looked streight out of tfh and other mags. top notch tanks. At least these rich *******s pay for a nice setup, i have seen rich people that pay out the a$$ for some crapy setup with fake corals and a couple of nemos.
Every coral in every one of those SW tanks is fake!

Daniel
11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Every coral in every one of those SW tanks is fake!

not the coral reef setups

nanoreefbro
11-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Even if I were rich I would still take care of my tank myself.. I just enjoy doing it. I would just have a bigger tank, killer setup and more fish and more corals.

SolRo
11-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I know it's blasphemy, but I like the FW planted tanks a lot more than any of the other tanks they have pics of.

jacksandgo
11-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Oliver Knott over in Germany creates some of the nicest FW planted tanks I've seen. He's an artist, and enters competitions with them, too. I like them better than Amano's tanks. Check this one out below with discus, and you can go back and look at some others. They're amazing.

http://www.pbase.com/plantella/bigstgt

I know it's blasphemy, but I like the FW planted tanks a lot more than any of the other tanks they have pics of.

crstjohn
11-04-2006, 07:01 AM
not the coral reef setups
Wow, guess I sould have looked at all the pics. Very nice setups.