PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Frag Swap: Sat Feb 7th

skkyy
01-22-2004, 04:42 PM
OK so it's confirmed then! Everyone mark your calendars, Saturday Feb. 7 at Treylane's house (Thanks by the way Jessica)
So everyone please have your frags ready and anything else is more than welcome... I got the beer =-)

for directions please pm or email me saifa619@hotmail.com

or treylane at jessica@mootech.net

to give her an idea of how many is coming

thanks see you all there

[G]h0s']['
01-22-2004, 04:43 PM
kewl...imma try to see if i can getz that day off.

skkyy
01-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I predict you'll be sick that day;) anyways I've got some nice frags for ya

skkyy
01-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SoKaL ReeFiN
I have a question.. it seemed to me that I thought this was going to be a "San Diego Frag Swap".. as in, reefers from San Diego would meet up and introduce one another and hang out. But from what I gather, it's turned into another "Southern California Frag Swap" where everyone in Southern California is welcome to come. I'm just hoping we have enough room/food/drinks if it becomes larger then what I think it may be..

Well the majority is going to be San Dieagans but we can't only limit it to SD I don't think that would be fair to discriminate those who's not from this area, do you? Besides, it's always nice to meet everyone who's in this hobby S.D or not, and don't worry about drinks, I've talked to alot of people who's going to provide that. Well hope to see you there.

Son

treylane
01-26-2004, 02:40 PM
It would be nice to get a guesstimate as to how many people are going to show up. Maybe one of you folks would be willing to tape up flyers at AW and OG?

I don't know who's coordinating the food, but we might want to get that sorted out so we don't wind up with 200 hot dogs and no buns. :)

I've got some really nice/unusual frags and zoanthid colonies available for the swap now too!

treylane
01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey, the more the merrier!

People from outside SD will be bringing in information (and maybe frags!) that hasn't been available in SD so far, so we should be welcoming these people rather than driving them away. :)

nalbar
01-26-2004, 03:04 PM
i would not worry to much about L.A. people. it is my experience that they consider san diego on the moon and are far less likely to drive that far that san diego people are to drive up there. same goes for OC people.

nalbar

Acoustic
01-27-2004, 01:23 AM
I had a thought...........now it's gone.

Something I have noticed is that everyone on this forum so far wants frags and nobody has frags. So I suggest that we call it the San Diego Reef Fiesta.

Slogan," If you have frags.....you will be mauled by the masses."

SanDiegoReefs
01-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Accoustic--

That's true... everyone wants more frags. And I'm certainly no exception... I have hardly anything growing right now. BUT! A few of us are in the process of setting up some prop systems. Marlooney and I are actually each setting up a 20g prop tank, so hopefully we will be able to supply some frags.

Oh, and I think I'm setting up a 40g reef, so if anyone has any LR/LS available, let me know! hah

-moore

treylane
01-27-2004, 09:31 AM
If we can put in enough orders to pull Ejocam and AWExotics down here (and tell them to bring extras) there should be plenty of frags:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304314

I got some stuff from each of them at the Encino swap, the frags are happy and healthy, and those are good guys.

So send those guys PM's begging for frags! :)

skkyy
01-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Ejocam is already coming, I think AWexotics is too

skkyy
01-27-2004, 10:12 AM
OK here' s what I'm bringing so far:

blue monit dig
purple monti dig.
orange monti dig.
pink monit dig.
brown with purple dig.
purple monti cap
pink table acro
yellow pink tip table acro
pink pocilliopora
tricolor
purple mauve acro
purple acro
sky blue table acro

neon green w/orange ring zoos
steel blue center zoos
neon green w/orange center zoos
purple w/green ring zoos
green w/green zoos
org w/org zoos

and maybe some rics..

wishlist:

any colorful sps that I don't have especially montis

anyone have a frag of that red monti danae?

ronreef
01-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Never been to a frag swap. I suppose cash is not a problem in exchange for frags....

MarLooney
01-27-2004, 12:59 PM
in like a month i'll have a ton of frags! my prop system will be poppin' by then... but by this frag swap i should only have:

5-sinularia (will turn light green under stong lighting)
1-cabbage leather
4-GSP oyster shells
1-green palythoa small branch
1-snake polyps rock (probably free)
?-brown with hot pink center zoos
1-pink with cream skirt zoos
+ tons of macros

that's all folks =T

ronreef, cash is OK but most people will be looking for trades... come on now... we all know you have zoo city.

Flamehawk
01-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Can't stand it another frag swap....hehhehehheh HElp need more room in my tank.:D

well looks like things are coming together for San Diego's swap.

This is great. Anything I can help, Jess??

Flamehawk
01-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Sure Ronreef, you can bring suitcaseful of money if you want to. As long as they are real money, than everything is good.

OH, guys, make sure you bring a ice chest or styrofon box to keep you animals in.

also, guys, make sure keep an eye open for suspecious charactors. Jess is nice enough to have the event at her place, and we need to look out for each other's things too.

see you all there.

treylane
01-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Frags:
1 - Unknown Euphyllia (beige), like frogspawn, but with smaller fingers, looks like lots of little bubbles.
1 - Clavularia, much like GSP, but almost white/neon green. GLOWS under actinics
1 - Branching neon green gonipora
2 - Metallic GSP
1 - Colony of green ring and yellow ring zoos
1 - Rock with a lot of neon green center/yellow skirt zoos
1 - Rock with several blueish (?) ricordea yuma.
1 - Briareum, looks 95% like GSP, but grows differently, less invasive, a little prettier.

Probably some other stuff too...

ronreef
01-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Cool... sounds good... directions anyone?

ronreef
01-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Don't have a lot of frags to bring. Gave a lot of things away the past couple weeks. I have lots of space to fill in though. Will bring cash.
Ron

ejocam
01-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Ejocam is already coming, I think AWexotics is too

I hope I don't offend any one by coming on your forum. If so let me know and I will remove myself. I would love to come down. I can visit family while I am there too. Let me know. I have met quite a few already and lookinf forward to meeting more.

Flamehawk
01-27-2004, 08:04 PM
ejocam!!!!!!! This is George. I got two rics from you at Encino frag swap.

Looking forward to meet you again. I still haven't got my hand on a digi cam to take picture yet, but if you want to see my tank in person. Let me know.

ejocam
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I will see ya there! Post some pics soon. Alot of Zo's, Some Ricordia, and SPS.

Acoustic
01-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Ejocam please stick around. Just because it says San Diego doesn't mean we are exclusive. Welcome.

ejocam
01-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks acoustic, just for yall's information my area code is "760" so I thought we might be distant cousins?:p

MarLooney
01-28-2004, 02:57 AM
that's like O-side... a lot of Oceansiders in here... you are practically one of us =D

ejocam
01-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Cool!

ronreef
01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey Skyy,
Is there going to be enough beer? If not, we should bring our own 6+ packs....
Ron

skkyy
01-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ronreef
Hey Skyy,
Is there going to be enough beer? If not, we should bring our own 6+ packs....
Ron

It's always nice to have more beer... the more the merrier, also food would be nice

Hey Treylane are we bbqing?

Son

ronreef
01-28-2004, 12:09 PM
What time to what time?.... knowing this, the bulk of people will be there pretty much during the same time....

treylane
01-28-2004, 12:23 PM
If people want to bring a barbecue and stuff to barbecue, that's fine by me, but I don't have a barbecue and I don't eat meat.

I'm a big fan of bbq'd corn-on-the-cob though, so I'll bring corn and gardenburgers. :)

treylane
01-28-2004, 12:59 PM
2pm ok? earlier? later?

skkyy
01-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by treylane
2pm ok? earlier? later?

That sounds like a pretty good time, I would bring a bbq if I had one, anyone have one they'd like to bring? I'll bring some bratwurst.

Son

ronreef
01-28-2004, 02:37 PM
1pm sounds good to me. Lets get started early.

SDMike
01-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MarLooney
that's like O-side... a lot of Oceansiders in here... =D

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Mike

ejocam
01-30-2004, 11:52 PM
How many people are you guys expecting? I have some sweet acro colonies and some frags too. I will be bringing a lot of Zo's and some ricordia if there is a demand. We are one week and I do not know what to bring. I would hate to have to bring stuff back and reacclimate into my tank. LMK who is interested in what?

MrKrispy
01-31-2004, 03:35 AM
I am gonna be outta town so I can't make this swap. I think if people stick to this site, we gotta lotta potential for the future though. I have these SICK BLUE rics I don't see around here, I am trying to frag them and I would LOVE to spread around. However, it is gonna take time. I got people in line for them, but I can have a dozen ready for the next swap. It sucks, I got some livestock I wanna get rid of rather than trade in to OG.
Sorry alla yas.

1-2 emeralds
1 HUGE lettuce nudi
a few scarletts
bad digis
blue rics
blue shrooms
brown digi (but the best for you PC peoples)
brown/green acro (same)

Skyy got me some good stuff but no frags for about 3 months.

We need to up this membership, :)

alien4fish
01-31-2004, 08:28 AM
id like to go but i dont know how much frag ive got i gotta look to see what i can part with

skkyy
02-02-2004, 01:12 PM
ok anyone have any montis there bringing to the swap?

here's what I have to trade:

http://it.gofuse.com/www/coralgardens/

Son

treylane
02-02-2004, 02:05 PM
I got some really cool monti caps at the encino swap ... but they need some time to grow out before I start hacking them up. :-/

I want a piece of your pink stylaster and some of your green center / orange skirt, and orange center / green skirt. I'll try to post photos of what I've got to trade tonight! :D

treylane
02-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah - and 1pm it is! :)

ronreef
02-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I haven't been to a frag swap. Beside coral.... what do most bring to a swap.... type of container?... plastic bags?... how do you tranport your stuff?....

What do you normally bring in terms transporting coral ?

Don't want to be caught short....

Thanks...

treylane
02-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Generally (depending on the critters you're getting) plastic baggies, small plastic containers like the disposable tupperware, whatever. Just remember to bring a cooler and heat and/or cold packs depending on the weather and how long your drive home is. The plastic baggies at the fish store are real nice, but most of us don't keep those around.

treylane
02-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Also, I've seen people use clear plastic cups and cover the tops with that plastic wrap stuff that makes a seal. Looks nice, and if it's bright out, they let in enough light to get zoanthids to open up.

ronreef
02-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Is the frag swap still a go?

treylane
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Yep, 1pm Saturday at my place....

wwxc
02-05-2004, 07:20 PM
I'll be down for some buying. Softies, rics, and/or zoos. I have some extra fish store baggies I can bring for people as well.

skkyy
02-05-2004, 07:56 PM
man where are all the frags at... anyone bringin any?

EyeReef
02-05-2004, 10:17 PM
any body interested in a pretty good size bubble coral? Its about 5 inches and has 3 mouths and 1 small one.
I also have a light brown colt coral tahts about 6 inches tall.
I have watermelon shrooms that i can frag.
green monti caps with purple rims
orang monti caps
green star polyps
and red sea xenias
Let me know.

Flamehawk
02-06-2004, 02:14 AM
So how many ppl actually going??

I don't have any frags...just two pieces of monti cap that were fraged accidentally

orange/red(depend if it is under MH/pc, or light intensity) and green(looks more brown when MH is on, but shows more green under actinic) monti cap

treylane
02-06-2004, 10:55 AM
I've got lots of frags. Please come and get them out of my tank so I have space to glue down what's left! :)

Flamehawk
02-06-2004, 12:08 PM
come on ppl...come meet ppl, share experiences, and show your support for the hobby. You never know you will see something you like.

Once we get this up big enough, we can attract some ppl from Orange/LA area. They had some pretty cool stuff there. The one at Encino few weeks ago was huge. I would say from start to finish they had 30-50 ppl average through out the 3 hours I was there.

See you all there

George

Oh, guys, bring some food/munches/drink.

Acoustic
02-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I was notified today on a new development on one of my cases. I definitely won't be able to make it tomorrow. I have to pull a late surveillance. Sorry :(

Flamehawk
02-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Acoustic, that's ok. hope to see you at next swap. Take care your self.

skkyy
02-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey thanks everyone for making it down, I hope everyones frags does nicely and it was nice to meet everyone.... see you at the next.

Son

Flamehawk
02-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Yo, skkyy, thanks for coming down with so many wonderful frags. I will keep you posted on the frags I got from you today. Mel, just told me that there is already a thread started for the Encino Frag Swap.

Guess what, the thread is already 5 pages long!!! That thing is out of control. hehhehhe Well, no one really started trade yet, but it's about to get started i can feel it. They even already started talking about getting a frag for the 1000th post.

Definitly is great to meet everyone today who attended the 1st frag swap in San Diego. Well, don't know if is the very first one, but is the 1st one I know of. :D

See you all around.

George

Thanks Jess. for being such a great host.

skkyy
02-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey it was nice to meet you George, hope those frags do well. Yeah there's a thread already but it's 5 pages long but no ones doing any actually trading yet. Better get your reserves now. =-) While there's something to reserve. j/k

Well it was cool meeting everyone, Ghost I was hoping you were bringing me some more cool frags, maybe next time.

Son

skkyy
02-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey anyone know what happened to Moby? never picked up his frags????

ronreef
02-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Hey Skkyy, thanks for the coral yesterday.... Everything's looking good. The zoos opened up nicely too... very nice!

Is 'Moby' his call sign here on this forum?

Thanks to Moby... I have some nice coral...

skkyy
02-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Hey no problem ronreef, hope you like those blues. Hey his loss you gain, I've sold most of his anyways... oh well thanks

Son

[G]h0s']['
02-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Yo, Son...your inbox is full. I need to send u a pm. ;) -Mel

skkyy
02-11-2004, 09:44 PM
It's cleared, resend..