PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Firefish for small GOBIES

Daniel
07-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi, i would like to gauge interest on trading a firefish for small gobies (either 1 or 2 depending on what). i don't mind throwing in a frag of xenia or GSP if you'd like. he's been in my tank a little over a week, and i'm regretting the decision to buy him. i made a mistake buying the firefish because it wasn't as active as i would have liked it to be. there's nothing wrong w/the fish ... he's just shy. he eats his fair share of cyclopeeze and pods. he's got very good coloration :)

reasons why i want to trade:
1. fish is a little too shy for my tastes
2. i would like something SMALLER and more active

i'm looking to trade for a pair of yellow clown gobies. also, i wouldn't mind red-headed gobies, neon gobies, multifasciatus (sp?) gobies. i don't mind compensating a little cash. i just don't want to sell the firefish back to the LFS.

here's a pic of my firefish...

colindoug3
07-31-2004, 12:27 PM
I have a green neon clown goby. Gobiodon atrangulatus. Green with magenta spots and stripes. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=159 He's was very shy at first and you would rarely see him. Now hes always hanging out on the rocks. When you feed he darts out. Super fast and fun to watch. A very reasonable $3.95 at tri-city tropical. They didnt have them in when I went to get one, so I asked for them to pick one up and they did. Just a recommendation, good luck finding the others.

Daniel
07-31-2004, 03:00 PM
thanks ... i think the firefish heard me talkin crap about him or something, he's starting to show himself more often now...

strange coincidence... i'm still looking for offers for trades though.
chap: i'll let you know if i finally give in to selling it :P