PDA

View Full Version : critters again

kim92111
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
I bought a bunch of snails from a guy up in Sacramento selling them on ebay. He now has some more. Here is his price that I am cutting and pasting below:

Margarita Snails $0.60 each
Algae grazer, good glass cleaner and will also eat some from the rocks.

Coralline Covered Margarita Snails $0.70 each
Algae grazer, good glass cleaner and will also eat some from the rocks.

Mexican Turbo Snails $0.75 each
GREAT algae grazer. These are not the Astrea but the big "true" Turbo snails. Will also graze on longer algae than most snails, including hair algae. I have seen them consume hair algae several inches long. Will clean the rocks and the glass.

Nerite Snail $0.65 each
Good algae grazer.

Cerith snail $0.70 each
Great detritus eater. Will spend most of its time in and around the sand beds consuming detritus, diatoms, and film algae.

Nassarius snail $0.60 each
Nassarius snails are carrion feeders, and do not consume algae. They are great for cleaning up leftover food, some detritus, decaying biological material and fish poop.

Mexican Red Leg Hermits $0.75 each
Omnivore that will help to consume algae, leftover food, some detritus.

Staghorn Hermit Crabs $12.00 each (normally go for over $20.00) Omnivore that will help to consume algae, leftover food, some detritus. It uses a piece of live Staghorn coral for a shell.

Red/Orange Linkia Starfish $12.00 each (normally go for over $20.00) Consumes algae and organic material. Needs a mature aquarium and I would recommend only housing 1 specimen per 100 gallons.

That's our expanded list, and we will be adding items in the next few weeks. Shipping is by DHL Next Day for a flat rate of $35.00...and I'll even pick up the box and heat packs free of charge.

Anyone interested in pooling an order. I may request a little cheaper price if enough people are interested.

kim92111
01-22-2004, 12:16 AM
The guy is from west coast tropic marine and here is the link to his site. http://www.wctropicalmarine.com/

MarLooney
01-25-2004, 02:37 AM
is anyone down to pool?

Mike N
01-25-2004, 10:10 AM
I would, but it's gonna be a few weeks before I'm ready, and then I only need enough for a nano?

Mike