PDA

View Full Version : My classroom 10

ilikualot
10-06-2006, 07:51 AM
So with the help of some of you here I have a 10 gallon that is up and running. I am new to these little tanks so I will take any suggestions at all. I have had the rock in here a week now and I am going to test the parameters on Monday. Lots of stuff on this rock all ready. Little bug looking things(Pods?) These are bigger than I have ever seen in my tank, feather dusters lots of little ones. The students are way impressed by them. PLus there are some anenomes. I dont think they are apistasia. They have white dots on their ends. I saw alot of them at the begining but maybe now they are disappearing.

My plans are to add a bunch of frags from my tank and many people have offered some stuff. I am going to try and pick up the light this weekend.

I still need to get these:

(If you have anything let me know. I am on a budget. The class has raised $48)

A light T5 or MH
Cleaning crew. Right now I have one big snail and have seen two baby snails.
A small pump to move water around the tank.
Fish (pair of clowns and possibly a goby/pistol)
Corals

please let me know what you think and I will try to update this as things get moving.

slurpeshark
10-06-2006, 09:15 AM
I can donate a couple hermits and/or snails if you'd like... just pm me and let me know

crstjohn
10-06-2006, 10:42 AM
I have some pulsating Xenia which is very interesting to kids!

ilikualot
10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
So here is the update on the classroom tank. The kids are way into it. They come in every period excited about what is new in the tank.

New Additions:
New tank. The Odyysea was leaking. Now I have a 10 gallon glass from walmart. $9
4x24w T-5 lighting.
CPR Refugium. Got a great deal and it fits perfectly on the tank. Lots of pods swimming around in there.

Inhabitants:
2 clowns
1 coral Banded
2 Peppermint
Possibly buying a pistol Goby today.

Corals Tried to take pics but was using a students camera that was bad.
Lots of mushrooms red green and purple.
Kenya Tree
Colt
Couple small frogspawns and hammer.
Xenia Thanks Crstjohn
assorted zoos (I stole some from sushigrower when I was caring for his tank. ;)
5 snails and 5 Hermits Thanks slurpeshark
3 Nassarius Thanks me!

I will try and take some better pics when we get everything set up the way we want it.

ilikualot
10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Here are some pics. I will update later.

cagirly2006
10-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey dont know the exact details but last night we were at Petco in Escondido, and on our way our we saw a sign saying they would give 1 free fishtank setup to 1 classroom and i remembered you were a teacher and thought i would let you know. Maybe you could call for the details if you were interested!!

Oh and i really like those red shrooms, there really really red!!

slurpeshark
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Looking good Jarod... thanks again for the frags... one of these days that colt you gave me will stay in place :), all the others are doing well. one of these days ill put some pics up

ilikualot
10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I just checked the petco website couldnt find anything. I will stop by on the way home.

cagirly2006
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
cool, or you could probably give them a call... :) Good Luck!!

DaChrisDude
10-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Petco Escondido #760-781-1600

:)

Fishaholic
10-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Fish Haven Escondido 760-741-1525 talk Jim into hookin it up Chris!! a little tax write off!!! lol