PDA

View Full Version : PC Lamp

M. Parkis
07-22-2004, 05:03 PM
I have a 96watt straight pin 10,000k bulb that was traded to me. I was told that the lamp was brand new and knowing the person who traded it I believe it is new. But, here's the rub, when the store where the lamp was purchased from was testing it they burned the pins slightly. I will not sell the lamp as new, just in case, so I will be glade to donate it to someone who is starting out in reef keeping.
As for the rest of you old salts I still have actinic and 10,000k 96watt PC lamps for $20.00 each and 55watt PC lamps for $12.50

mikeintosh
07-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi...new here...just wanted to know if those lights are still available for donation. Have had a fowlr setup going for about a month now. Looking into getting into corals soon. Right now I'm running 2x39w t5s. How many more lights will I need to have adequate lighting?

Thanks

M. Parkis
07-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Welcome to reefing. What I'm giving away is a single bulb. You'll still need a fixture to run it.... That said if you want the bulb it's yours. How much light you will need depends on what you intend to keep. PC's and T5's are great for most applications but if your goal is to have SPS and/or clams then they will only be good for supplimentation and you will need to look into getting Metal Halide lighting.

traff
07-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Mikeintosh,
I recently switched to Halides and Actinics. I have a light set up that handles a pair of 96 watt fluorescent bulbs. You can mount it right inside your canopy or the also sit on top of your tank. I'll even throw in a new 50/50 bulb and a 1yr old 50/50 bulb so you'll have a spare to go with Mike's donation. I'll sell you the whole set up for the maximum discount price of 1 frag. :p

BTW I live in El (my God it's hot) Cajon if you wanna come pick it up.

Troy

M. Parkis
07-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Cool, that should start him out very well. What types of frags are you looking for?

traff
07-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty open. I need some good red. Maybe a Wellsophillia. Something like that. I'm pretty open Maybe we can chat if I come up tomorrow and get the Seio pump from you? Let me know when you get a chance to look at those pumps tomorrow. You can reach me at TRaffelson@Cox.net or just PM me.

Thanks

Troy

mikeintosh
07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks all...much appreciated

I'll take whatever I can get since starting this whole hobby has pretty much ate a whole in my pocket.

How do you want to arrange pickup?

M. Parkis
07-25-2004, 02:55 PM
mikeintosh I'm in Ocenaside Which is not too far from you. PM me or e-mail me at mmike@mparkis.com and you can make arrangements to come and get the lamp....

Mike