PDA

View Full Version : Kids 40 gallon Anemone tank

alex4angela
09-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Okay maybe not the kids but they sure do enjoy them. Got some Frogspawn to the left and a few anemone's to right. Running 36" T5's for this tank since anemone's don't need that much lighting. I am also running a Seio 820 and a CPR bak pack with skimmer. 90-120 LBS of sand and I have lost count of the Live rock maybe 65 or more LBS. One Maroon Clown that just can't decide in which anemone to sleep in. There are tree more anemone that are close up right now for some reason they close up every now and then. Two reds and a green. Thanks Alex

maus42
09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Actually, anemones require large amounts of light; the more the better. BTA's are more tolerant to lower light levels but as a general rule the more light the better if I'm not mistaken.

kjsreef
09-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Alex, is this the tank that the one I sold you is going into.....if so he/she will be very happy. Great looking tank. Only comment, I would be very wary of the seio powerhead. I've stopped using powerheads in my anemone tanks. Just when you think they have settled down, they up and move, sometimes right into the suction end of a powerhead......oh what a mess.....

Seriously, best of luck and let me know how the anemone does.

alex4angela
09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Kjsreef, this is the tank he/she is going in. The power head is going to be removed for the sake of the anemone's :). I will keep you up to date.
Maus42 I had a 150 MH and they seem to always be hiding where there is/was more shade. That's why I changed to T5's 4X21 for a total of 84 watts. They seem to open up fine and do less hiding between the rocks.

BigAir
09-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Cool tank, wish I had room for a species specific tank.

Are those welded stands on your other tank? They look great!

alex4angela
09-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks Bigair. Yes I cut some metal and weld them together myself. Works for now just need to ad a cross bar on top for better support.

gemini
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
i agree with the more light the better for the most part im not saying a 400watt de halide over a 10 gallon is going to make it happy but i would get more light and the reason u see ur anenome hiding when theres more light is because he gets enough light hes probly out right now cause he wants more light !