PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse fry

David M
07-16-2004, 06:25 AM
H. kuda , born this morning. Will trade for rotifers.

treylane
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm assuming they only eat LIVE rotifers?

David M
07-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Sadly as with most marine species, it seems to be motion that triggers the feeding response in seahorses. Aside from that there is some evidence that certain enzymes are essential to "activate" the gut (intestinal tract) which are only present in certain marine organisms. This is why artemia, while many fry will eat it, is fairly useless. Live rotifers wil fit the bill :D

brahm
07-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by David M
Sadly as with most marine species, it seems to be motion that triggers the feeding response in seahorses. Aside from that there is some evidence that certain enzymes are essential to "activate" the gut (intestinal tract) which are only present in certain marine organisms. This is why artemia, while many fry will eat it, is fairly useless. Live rotifers wil fit the bill :D

Hey David I'll look for the number of the guy in La Mesa with all the live rotifiers, The one that was breeding Maroons. (i thought I had given it to you though?)

David M
07-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Yes I still have his number, talked to him already. He has a few to spare, going to see him tomorrow. More is better so I'm still on the prowl :D I have maybe 200 fry, the more rotifers the more I can work with.