PDA

View Full Version : Zoo's for trade

suver569
01-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I have a couple of zoo's for trade. They are both golf ball sized rocks with 8 zoo's on each rock.
They are Mostly brown, with neon green tips and a pink center.
I will have pics later today when I get the pic's dl'd from my camera and I get back form AW.

These guys have been in my tank for about 4 months, and have gone from a colony of about 30 to about 100.

Looking for any other zoo's in trade, anything colorful and healthy.

I'm in santee, so hopefully we can meet somewhere or even at a LFS in town.

Leave me a post or email

suver569
01-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Hope this pic turns out ok. The camera isnt mine and I'm trying to get the software to work.
Nah, doesnt look right.. Lemme resize it.
Try #2

suver569
01-18-2004, 01:21 AM
one more shot. Only likes small pics i guess?

Ahh, there we go. The camera does the zoo's NO justice what so ever. They are not that dull looking. 2 good small colonies on smaller rocks, one pictured in the upper right side of this pic. the other is about the same, but a slightly bigger rock.

MarLooney
01-18-2004, 04:05 PM
looks like you used your flash.... if so, you shouldn't photograph your tank with flash.

ronreef
01-18-2004, 09:26 PM
marlooney, why not use flash?
ron

MarLooney
01-18-2004, 11:06 PM
the light provided by most camera flash is no where near as blue as the light from your lighting set up... so the colors don't fluoresce as much as they could potentially. on the flipside, taking photos of your corals using only actinic lighting may be misleading and anyone trying to sell or trade corals doing such should be asked to provide a picture exhibiting more accurately how the colors will appear in a normal lighting set up. just my two cents.

P.S. the girl i my avatar was photographed with out the use of actinics... AHAHH :D

suver569
01-19-2004, 09:52 AM
yea, had to use the flash. It's an older camera and I cant turn the dumb thing off. I tried covering up the flash, but it made it worse.