PDA

View Full Version : who's the ghost now!

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:12 PM
i creeped my way into [G]h0s']['s house yesterday while he was sleeping. the only way i can give this guy frags is if i just bring them over. he won't ask for 'em. finally some of his roommates were home and they let me in. mel's been kinda not doing anything to his tank and it was very dirty, but the corals were doing great! after his crash he restocked and hasn't been getting anything new since. he just lets the stuff his grow. we cleaned his tank a little bit and attached two corals to his rocks. luckily this time i brought a camera.

first off is a yellow toadstool...

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:13 PM
idunno what this is but i'm learning... this is the guy that got me into SPS. my MH should be up soon, i'm just worried about heat right now. i'm already running hot with PCs as it is.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:15 PM
orange cap.... i think he got this from Treylane. it's growing pretty cool. mine is as well from this colony. how's your's doing 481824? i like this cap because it doesn't grow flat. i remember the piece i sold 481824 had a lot of ridges.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:17 PM
here's a pretty good shot of the SPS on the right side of his tank. i don't have a full shot because there was a lot of coralline and other algae on the glass.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:18 PM
purple digi. now i'm selling purple digi... but doubt it'll turn out anything like this. that's why i'm selling $7 frags. i think this piece was $20/frag from fragfarmer.com it has grown a lot since he got it.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
this colony's gettin a lil too big. i think it's time to frag it. HAHA. i don't think he'll be fragging anything anytime soon. so don't ask. he's been kinda out of it for a while. i don't think he even comes on the board anymore. he was one of the OGs of "San Diego Coral Classifieds" for those of you who were around back then to remember the days before SDReefs. he used to post all the time back in the day. WanaLeime's brother in law just moved into his house from [G]h0s']['s house. he said he's probably busy playing computer games. i think he might be saving $ for a new truck. either way... give him time. he'll catch the reefing bug again.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
i love this fish. look, he's got blue lips! he only bought this tang because he had caulerpa escape into his display from the fuge and grow all over his rocks. those of you who've delt with Caulerpa racemosa (grape caulerpa) know that it is the devil! add MH to that and you've got a serious problem. this tang was one hell of a problem solver. after the agale problem was taken care of he wanted to get rid of this guy but i he was too cool to let go of. i helped convince him to let the tang stay.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:29 PM
here's a nice shot of his yellow mumps coral. this is the colony i got my original piece from. he got it at OG a while back. surprised no one is even attempting to get the frag i'm selling in my july batch. this is a beautiful rare leather, but i guess no one knew it looked like this.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:29 PM
this is my 2nd fav SPS in his tank. i think i just like the coloration.

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:43 PM
cloves and GSP

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
cap from Bluelagoon before there was a blue lagoon :D

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
close up on the coral in the coral. he was supposed to move that outta there already...

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:46 PM
and yes... a purple rim...

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:47 PM
galexia and some shroomz

MarLooney
07-12-2004, 12:48 PM
my absolute fav in his tank! this one is soo cool. i like the way it grew straight up several inches before it began branching. really cool coral. and the colors are amazing.

MrKrispy
07-12-2004, 12:58 PM
wow great shots. You got a PM about the purple digi heh heh.

miss99
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
AWESOME PICS!!!! This is Mel's tank?? What Crash?? :rolleyes:

BlueLagoonSD
07-12-2004, 02:10 PM
mels tank is absolutely stunning and great growth. He finally realized that he can buy a mansion with all the $ he was spending on this hobby, lol im jk, cant wait til you get back into it.

MarLooney
07-14-2004, 11:32 PM
MrKrispy, yup... "great shots"... that's what did it. it had nothing to do with great corals. it was all me! HAHAH. LMK when you wanna get that digi.

miss99, yes, this is mel's tank. it is not my own. people who've been on this site a while might know him. he used to post a lot.

BlueLagoonSD, yeah i really like the way your cap has turned out in his tank. it went from a boomerang to a spiral. yeah it'd be dope for Mel to get back into it... but he needs a new truck. and his tank doesn't look that badd the way it is now. if he'd only just empty that damn skimmer.

here's more. RBTA's moved to the back of his tank. kinda sucks but i got a shot of them behind his leather. that leather used to be bright green... i wonder what happened... :confused:

MarLooney
07-14-2004, 11:34 PM
the orange digi used to be green with orange polyps. it lost it's green but kept growing well and the polyps stayed orange. still looks cool anyway. i like the one encrusting on the rock to the left.

MarLooney
07-14-2004, 11:35 PM
this was supposed to be dead! seriously there was almost nothing left of it, and that was before the crash. somehow, someway... it has made a comeback.

MarLooney
07-14-2004, 11:36 PM
i want a frag of these zoos sooo bad. i'm afraid though if they're thinned out that they'll fall victim to the same fate as his other zoos... angel food! yup, that's right. he had a ton of nice zoos and this is the only colony left. luckily i got frags of almost all his other zoos so they're not totally lost. if his angels ever start eating this colony i'm taking it!... JK... but i'll ask. i should've just taken a frag while he was sleeping! HAHA.

MarLooney
07-14-2004, 11:39 PM
close up... and yes, that's a grapefruit sized colony of light blue zoos with crazy @$$ patterns.
(*drools)

miss99
07-15-2004, 07:59 AM
WOW those zoos look Awesome!!! Mel is a friend of a friend, and have seen some older pics of his stuff... the tank had really bloom...

MarLooney
08-05-2004, 06:01 PM
went back to the house to mount a purple cap and i see the tank's clean!... even more amazing mel's not only there but actually awake! :eek: some new stuff in there too. here's a shot of one of the newbies.

MarLooney
08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
brahm, can we get an ID?

i had to leave in a rush to get home and sell some corals so i wasn't able to take too many pics. you can all thank Bickmade for that... :p

brahm
08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
diplostrea

MarLooney
08-20-2004, 08:35 AM
thanks brahm... too badd, but i found out that the brain isn't his. he's holding it for a friend.

here's a new pic.