PDA

View Full Version : Tank Update!!

crstjohn
07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Hopefully this title and new thread will get some (any) responses. Thanks to the three that did comment on the previous post. Would like some feedback from the experts. This is my first SW tank, about 4 months old now. I would like feedback or constructive criticism on the tank. I can now add my system to my username:). Still need an avatar though. Hope you enjoy the pics.
http://w61.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurename=July06TankPics&pa=/h80/crstjohn-1/July%2006%20Tank%20Pics/

SanDiegoIllini
07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Sorry to disappoint, I'm not an expert, newer than you, I hope my comments are allowed!

How do you like that pentax camera? ;)

How do you clean the glass? The pictures make it look like the rocks/coral are within an inch or so.

dhuynh
07-26-2006, 01:21 PM
WOW! You're stocking your tank as fast as I am. :) hehehe.
Looking good Rick! What did you end up doing for your lights?

The next step:

- get rid of all your corals, get a CA reactor, get a chiller, and then spend thousands more on SPS. :) hehehe

colindoug3
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
well stocked, it looks nice.
sdillini... i love my pentax camera. 6mp and goes underwater. its everything i was looking for in a digital point and shoot. i would stay with them when i decide to upgrade to d-slr down the road...

crstjohn
07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the comments. Sandiegoillini hang in there and post your setup. Pentax camera is nice, hard to take a 100kb pic to post on this site though! Also the lag time with digitals sucks! Unfortunately, Costco didn't have the waterproof model when I purchased this::(
Danny, lights are 4-96w PC's: 2-10,000K, 1-50/50, 1-Actinic using the awesome SS reflector from Rudy. Thanks Rudy. Also just installed the moonlight kit w/ the lunar tracker from thelobos. Looks so good at night. Too bad I bought it right before Justin posted his for sale.