PDA

View Full Version : 125 acrylic RR tank

smooth
07-01-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm doomed!

My wife will kill me, but let's see what happens here:

I just drove to Santa Barbara and picked up a used 125 acrylic tank.

I haven't bought or found a stand for it yet and now I'm reconsidering for a larger tank (What the hay -- 180)!

The good:

I have a 125 with dual 1" return pipes. This beast is built for flow. Each pipe feeds into two returns, totaling four returns at the top. I'll include the returns--a mix of duckbill type and flexable snouts. One of them has a dual snout.

The overflow is in the rear-left corner (facing the front) and drains into a 2" pipe.

The bad:

It's 3/8 acrylic. I filled it to the top and only noticed a minor bow. Nothing irregular. The tank has seamed corners, and is built like a glass 125. It only has two cutouts, but a thick center brace (no bowing on the brace).

The ugly:

The back is black, but it has two patches in the back wall. They would never be seen once you place liverock in it. One tooth is missing from the overflow. Regular scratching is apparent when the tank is dry. I planned on making this a project and buffing it out. Once I filled it with water, I was pleasantly surprised to find that only one or two scratches were visible. This is due to them being on the outside. While this means they are apparent, it also means they can be buffed at your leisure while the tank is set-up--or ignored.

I can take pictures, but will need to set it up with water or the tank won't look too presentable unless the buyer has experience with dry acrylic tanks. I would rather deal with someone who knows what they are buying than someone who expects a pristine tank.

Pristine tanks cost upwards of $600, I'm selling this for what I grabbed it for -- $250. The difference is that you don't have to drive to Santa Barbara for it -- I will deliver it right to your door.

(I'm all about delivery these days since I'm selling my truck in the next few weeks! Trying to maximize the money I've dumped into the engine over the past year!)

If you feel you absolutely need this tank but can not for some reason afford it, please PM me an offer! I must sell this to feed my addiction for larger tanks! I know you understand...but my wife doesn't.

If someone doesn't help me out we're looking at a fellow reefer suffering withdrawals, a mental breakdown, maybe even marriage instability...or worse, an empty 125 w/ a futon cushion serving as a couch....

JeromeBaker
07-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Crazy *******.....get ahold of yourself.

smooth
07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
What the %!*@? I must have been in a fugue...

JeromeBaker
07-01-2004, 11:47 PM
i dont know what you were in but i know what you need to be in...........reefhab.