PDA

View Full Version : Pool For A Variety of Macros

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:46 PM
There's a guy from the Eastcoast I met on E-bay with a ton of macros available. He's willing to trade one for one on macros he doesn't have. Other than that he charges $15 for each macro ordered. He might be willing to drop that a little for a group buy. I'll attach the pics of what he's got. If you have any good macros he doesn't have and you wanna get in on this let me know. I'm giving him a different type of Red Grape and Red Feather macro and I've requested Polycavernosa crassissima and Dictyota cervicornis.

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Polycavernosa crassissima

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Caulerpa mexicana

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Short Red Macro

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Thin Red Branching Macro

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Blue/Teal Macro

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Red Grape Macro

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Dictyota cervicornis

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Thick Green Branching

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Thick Red Branching

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 05:06 PM
He's also got Chaetomorpha, Caulerpa prolifera, Caulerpa racemosa, Halimeda, & Caulerpa serrulata. I've been able to find all of those locally. So if you want any of those, let me know. If you have any other macros lets do some trading. :D

nalbar
01-13-2004, 05:11 PM
i want chaetomorpha, either crassa or japonica. i want the caulerpa out of my fuge.

that thick green branching is interesting, do you have the scientific name for it?

nalbar

brahm
01-13-2004, 05:17 PM
I'll try to pull some apart and take some pics, I think I have 3-4 diffrent kinds growing in my fuge.

Flamehawk
01-13-2004, 05:22 PM
that's pretty cool, I am planing on getting my refug/frag tank running soon. So I am in the process of collecting different type of macro.

I will be keeping my eyes on this thread.

MarLooney
01-13-2004, 05:39 PM
nalbar i'm pretty sure the "green branching" macro is a type of Codium algae. i just titled it "Thick Green Branching" because that's what the guy called it and i don't want to post the wrong name.

MarLooney
01-16-2004, 06:49 PM
anyone down to donate anything to this trade? if you don't have a macro this guy doesn't already have you can put in $15 and get yourself some... or pay half and take half of what he sends for whichever type you want. rza007's in so far... whoelse wants to get in before i finalized what i ask this guy for? nalbar... that codium still interrest you? if you don't have macros to trade and $15 is too much I'll go half with you. Flamehawk... what are you looking to get... from me or the Eastcoast guy? Right now i've got Chaetomorpha, Razor Caulerpa, Halimeda, Caulerpa Prolifera (may contain flatworms), and Red Grape with enough to part with some. brahm, any pics yet? do you know if you've got anything this guy doesn't?

Flamehawk
01-16-2004, 07:11 PM
when you going to finalize the order? Actually they all interest me besides the caulerpa, and the speghetti algae. I relaly just need little bit to get started, don't need a lot.

nalbar
01-16-2004, 07:57 PM
sure i will send you 15 for some codium. if you want we can split the codium and some of that 'thick red branching'.

pm me your addy and i will mail you 15

nalbar

MarLooney
01-16-2004, 11:57 PM
i just sent the guy an E-mail telling him how all this is going... i want him to make sure he keeps enough in his systems for us.

Flamehawk you down to split with nalbar for that Thick Red Branching macro? i've already got some... just like two piece though! HAHA... $1 at AW one night. :D If you only need a little of the others toss in some cash and I can give you a "royal sampler" (i guess that's only funny if you watch the Simpsons... hehe)... i'll give you a some of the ones i want from that guy and a little from the macros i have available. you won't get whole colonies but you'll have crazy variety in you fuge. let me know if you wanna pay, hopefully $8, $15, $23, etc so we can get one or more macro added to the list and which ones you'd want added.

Nalbar I'll go half with you on the Codium, I think that stuff looks cool too. or if you just wanna contribute $15 you can get less Codium but some other stuff too. daymn Eastcoast heads!... everything is illegal here! i swear in Cali you can't have anything. if it wasn't for Cali i'd at least set up one piranha tank... HAHA!

rza007... get a pic of that macro ASAP, even if there's not much... i've gotta see if the guy even wants it first. which ones were you interrested in?

nalbar
01-17-2004, 12:00 AM
whatever extra money you need to make it work the way you want mar. we can even talk frag on the extra money.

nalbar

Flamehawk
01-17-2004, 01:36 AM
Mar:

I am interest in every kind other than the calurpa.

I just need enough to grow them out, but not so little that they die on me.

how much would that be? what have you guys ordered?

I am checking with one of my friend, see what kind he has in his refugium. I will give you an answer asap.

I wonder if this is ok, maybe worry too much. But since it is illegal here, than aren't we breaking the law by brining them in? I am sure someone in California have them.

MarLooney
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
nalbar... talk frag on extra money? what's that mean? you wanna buy frags off of me so i can order more macros from that guy? There's a guy here in SD Coral with that kind of Red Grape & there's a thread where some guys pooled for the Short Red Macro.

Flame Hawk... i say go $15 or so (depends if you wanna help out with shipping & packaging) in on this and you get a small portion of this guy's: Polycavernosa crassissima, Blue/Teal Macro, Dictyota cervicornis, Thick Green Branching, & Thick Red Branching... + my red grape, halimeda, & other macros if ya want. if we get others you should get a small ammount of those too. i think that's a madd deal.

nalbar
01-17-2004, 04:04 PM
it simply means i am open to what you prefer.

nalbar

elgordoinavw
01-19-2004, 10:09 PM
marlooney, i want some Caulerpa mexicana, not alot just enought to get started. If you got some let me know-

MarLooney
01-19-2004, 10:23 PM
elgordoinavw, luckily for the both of us that guy just posted he's got some to trade. I don't have mexicana. As far as Caulerpas I have prolifera, racemosa, serrulata. If I can get some from him and he doesn't want your rubble I'll give you some of what I get. Sorry I couldn't make the trade with you today, but it's good to hear that we can get this stuff in SD!... I was gonna include that in my order to this guy on the Eastcoast too. =D

nalbar and flamehawk I say both of you should go in about $15-$23 for your macros. Depending on if we get one more person in on this and if you two wanna help pay for shipping. Right now just waiting for rza007 to reply and then I'll finalize my order with the Eastcoast guy and run it past you guys. Sound good? Sorry this is taking so long but I don't wanna leave anyone behind. If we're going to order all the way from the Eastcoast we might was well get as many types as possible.

elgordoinavw
01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Marlo, I know I saw it and was like what can I give him for some-

elgordoinavw
01-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Marlo, I know I saw it and was like what can I give him for some-

If I can't get any from him how about selling me a "Sampler" for my fuge?

MarLooney
01-20-2004, 06:43 PM
rza007 is out... =T
so, if both of you guys put in about $25 (which will pay for a portion and a half... or more if you want to help out with shipping), i'll put in $15 (one portion) plus two macros for trade (which will get us two portions) and take care of the rest of the shipping. we as a group will get: Polycavernosa crassissima, Thin Red Branching Macro, Blue/Teal Macro, Dictyota cervicornis, Thick Green Branching, & the Thick Red Branching macro. Flamehawk will get the royal sampler including picks from my own macros. Nalbar, you will get most of the Thick Green Branching, & the Thick Red Branching macro as those were the ones you requested, and if you want smaller portions of any of the other types including my own then feel free. sound good?

nalbar
01-20-2004, 08:12 PM
sounds good.

nalbar

MarLooney
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
How much are you putting in nalbar?

nalbar
01-20-2004, 10:50 PM

nalbar

MarLooney
01-21-2004, 12:44 AM
umm... what's your question?

nalbar
01-21-2004, 01:38 AM
what question?

huh?

nalbar

MarLooney
01-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Last edited by nalbar on 01-21-2004 at 09:37 AM

=P

MarLooney
01-21-2004, 02:40 PM
OK we've got a problem. Just in from the Eastcoast guy, "well the thick green and red I'm out of and the thin red also. Sorry let me know if u wwant anything else." That basically screws everything up. He doesn't have enough of the only types that Nalbar wants and Flamehawk's royal sampler isn't as much of a sampler anymore. I guess I'll buy/trade for the three he's got available and when I get 'em I'll deal with your sampler Flamehawk. As for Nalbar... if those were the only two you were interrested in i guess i just wasted your time. sorry, he should've told me he didn't have all of them when i asked him what he still had available.

nalbar
01-21-2004, 02:59 PM
GDI Mar for wasting my time! instead of those posts i could have been posting on nano-reef or the car site i frequent!

LOL! i thought the internet was invented 'to waste time'. :D

nalbar

nalbar
01-21-2004, 03:16 PM
hey Mar, what about that grass like algae they sometimes sell at AW? is it called angels hair? i always wanted a fuge that the water would run through a 'trough' of that kind of algae before it spilled into the tank. do you know anything about that stuff (or something similar to it)?

and what about some chaetomorpha? i have some but could use more.

nalbar

MarLooney
01-21-2004, 04:16 PM
it's maiden's hair (Chlorodesmis sp.)... you came close. that stuff is expensive! looks nice though.

there are a ton of people here with chaetomorpha. just put up a post and you should get tons of replies.

MarLooney
01-30-2004, 05:16 PM
brahm posted up some pics from tongs where it looked like mainen's hair algae was in their $10 bargain bin.

click here (http://www.socalracers.com/tankpic/LATRIP/tfrag2.jpg)

alien4fish
01-31-2004, 07:53 AM
how come i just saw this post?????????????????????:mad: hey MARR, im down for some of that mexican algae, is that stuff good for nutrient export? i want the algea that feeds off the nitrates in the sys.LMK

alien4fish
01-31-2004, 07:54 AM
AND WHERE IS "TONGS" LOCATED??

MarLooney
01-31-2004, 12:45 PM
MFR on this board has a ton... mine is still growing and i've given some out already. it is good stuff for nutrient export. pretty much all the caulerpas are. ask brahm or [G]h0s'][' about tong's... i've never been there.

LoSTsOuL
02-01-2004, 01:00 AM
sup everyone... i went to jeff's today in gardena... some alright stuff... didnt buy anything worth mentioning except for a orange plate coral... anyways, on the way down was going to pass by Tong's but it was getting late and i didnt want to get home all late so i decided to save that for another trip... but its in fountain valley.... 8976 Warner Ave Fountain Valley, CA to be exact... hope that helps a little

chris

[G]h0s']['
02-01-2004, 07:31 AM
TONG's?!?!?! Did someone say TONGS?!?! That place owns! Talk about a whole lot of sps/lps/softies/fish/cleanup crews in one place...and rare ones at that! :eek: :eek: :eek: We stopped by there with Treylane on the way to the Encino frag swap. I was awed by the spectacle of corals...as well as the high prices. :D -Mel

dankster
03-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I have a few algaes that are not in photos.willing to trade for some that i do not have.

phishphood
03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
look at the date dankster....
but other than that, welcome to SDreefs :D

MrKrispy
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
wow like i stepped in a time machine, it's marlo!

ninhsavestheday
03-11-2006, 11:18 PM
dang, two years ago. where is marlo and nalbar?

colindoug3
03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
several months ago marlo posted.... he was setting up a new fragging system. havent heard any news though.

WanaLeime
03-19-2006, 12:15 PM
He actually has the equipment, hes been buying piece by piece...I was just at his house the other day...he also has an ANGLER in his current GROW OUT tank. But for now, he will NOT be on the board, due to the facts that his computer crashed, hes always working, and studying for school...I offered to lend him my Laptop, but I forgot to bring it when I visited =P BUT he is lending me a hand on setting up my CUBE =)

He'll be back SOON....