PDA

View Full Version : 38G Aquapod 2nd Month "one piece at a time"

malakaikingston
05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
So I am well into my third month, did one water change and keeping up with topping off it's staying right where it should on all readings and no issues with temp after replacing the pump with the Max-1200 I got from rainasdad, threw in a micro jet from ninhsavestheday to help mix up the water a bit I placed it behind the massive center column with the green stuff on it, I found it's helping to keep it green and preventing algea caking.

mmoore0803 was a chill bro' and helped me out with the Xenia, PomPom and Kenya. The pom pom is the only moody one both the Xenia and Kenya are rocking out, I took some flow off the pom'z and i'm giving it some time as it does look like it has attached. Honestly it just looks lazy, or maybe drunk...

This is def a "one piece at a time" tank, micro movements additions and patience. I think next I am gunna see willy and get some Zoa, OpenB, Bubble Coral if I got the coin (Glady accepting free frags :). As far as fish, I'm honestly just thinking minimaly, False Perc, Shrimp/Gobie Pair...

Comments and Suggestions welcome!

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

(I just checked the cal, yea it's into it's third month not second, time flys!)

jbvdhp
05-01-2006, 06:16 PM
looks good for 3 months. keep it up!

DaChrisDude
05-01-2006, 06:32 PM
looking very good!

swissfish
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
yep ,you are on the right way.

Don't let the hair algea get out of hand ;)

XxMutedYouthxX
05-01-2006, 07:30 PM
ya looks good! id toss in a emerald crab to knock out that hair algea while you still have time... that stuff grows like mad... looks like you have some really cool aquascaping!

malakaikingston
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I apologize, I feel bad if I have exposed you guys to pictures of Hair Algea I did some research when it started growing, I thought it was a type of uhm, Caulerpa, what led me to that is that it is slow growing and has runner roots which these kinda ferny leaves come from was I wrong?

Sometimes it gets like slimy stuff growing off it andf I brush it with a toothbrush to remove it. Other than that it has not spread anywhere else, and grows slowly.

swissfish
05-02-2006, 07:28 AM
sorry for the false alarm, this doesent look hair algea, if you look close enough:)