PDA

View Full Version : Ecosystem 3616 Acrylic Sump (Tanks 150-240)

Erik2302
04-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I recently moved to San Diego and just got a chance to get the rest of my stuff out of storage...and there was definately some cool stuff in there. I found my sump, and as I no longer have the tank it ran on I definately don't need it. I used it on a 135 gallon tank (for about 3 months before I had to sell the tank), and it did keep my water parameters pristine. It worked wonderfully without any algae and even better when I added some algae. The price of these online are around $800 plus shipping, I would like to get $300 for mine, it does not include the miracle mud, but everything else is included and in great condition.

Sytem Includes all of the following:
Acrylic Filter Sump 36 L X 15.5 W X 18
Bioballs
(2) 18 Watt Power Compact Lighting (add about 4" to height)
Bulkhead Fittings
Micron Filter Sock

The EcoSystem Method.
A unique filtration method based on sound ecology.

The Ecosystem Filtration Method is based on the principles of ecology and is a natural filtration system that simulates the environment found in coral reefs. It does not require a Protein Skimmer or activated carbon to purify the water. It keeps the water well oxygenated through the photosynthesis of Caulerpa and entirely eliminates the need for air pumps. Caulerpa can also be harvested and used as fresh, natural food for fish. In addition, Caulerpa prevents the growth of undesired hair algae by competing for essential nutrients.

The EcoSystem Filtration Method uses the end products of fish metabolism and fixes them into plant tissue, therefore preventing the accumulation of harmful ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, and stabilizes the pH. By maintaining a clean environment, the EcoSystem Filtration Method keeps fish healthy and their colors vibrant. Furthermore, we have discovered through our research, that our filtration system helps prevent and even cures lateral line disease.

The Ecosystem Filtration System requires minimal maintenance, and is a cost-effective way for you to keep a flourishing tank of fish and inverts. We invite you to learn more about the Ecosystem Filtration Method.

-A Breakthrough for Hobbyists
-No More Guessing
-No Protein Skimmer Required
-No More Balancing of Chemicals
-Reef and Fish Keeping Made Simple
-Discus and Tropical Fish Keeping Made Simple
-A Simple and Natural Approach to Aquarium Filtration
-Achieve Professional Results With No Prior Experience
-Prevents and Reverses Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)
-You Can Do It

To continue successful maintenance of your marine aquarium system, it is recommended that you add or exchange an appropriate amount of Miracle Mud@ (50%) every two years. To ensure that this replacement process will not disturb your aquarium inhabitants, the usage of an add-on filter is highly recommended. *For existing system - Addition of Ecosystem Filter provides benefits. Smooth transition is recommended to prevent shock to fish and corals.

ASKING $300, note you need at least 22" to mount, because lights add a bit of height to the sump(18")...besides if you decide to add an insump skimmer you'll need height for that anyway...I will accept 48" lighting solutions that mount on tank, or TUNZE equipment (looking for reef 500, and a multicontroller) as trades.

Erik2302
04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm actually looking for some 24" lights as well...

onad75
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
You got Pm

onad75
05-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks Eric for the sump, really nice.