PDA

View Full Version : No such thing as a dumb "?"

Clownaholic
06-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Checking to see if there is any interest in (2) Cinnamon Clowns.

One male, one female. They are NOT a mated pair yet. Both are eating and in excellent condition. I'd like to sell them by Wednesday the 30th.

Say $10 each... :D

alien4fish
06-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I'd like to sell them by Wednesday the 30th.

why are they gonna turn into pumpkins at mid nite:D

alien4fish
06-27-2004, 04:37 PM
now my question is dumb:D

fishman
06-27-2004, 05:15 PM
do you have any pics and how big are they?

Clownaholic
06-27-2004, 05:53 PM
No, they aren't going to turn into pumpkins by midnight. I'll take some pics and post.

My buddy and I are running to LA on Thursday. If they are sold by then I may get some other fish for my 90gal. The Cinnamons are a little to aggressive for the mild mannered fish in the tank. My daughter complains when they beat up on the others. I figured it was because they were "dating" and establishing territory. First clowns I've had that established ALL 90gallons as territory.

Pics to follow...

Female 3"
Male 2 1/2"

Clownaholic
06-27-2004, 06:13 PM
She poses nicely for the camera, he does not.

David M
06-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Not to be a PITA but what makes you think one is a male? How long have you had them? At 2-1/2" there is a good chance you have two females there and that would explain the constant fighting. I am going to forward this thread to a breeder I know who may be interested and will certainly have more knowledge about them. - D

Clownaholic
06-28-2004, 09:15 AM
The male was part of a mated pair. The female of the pair came up missing in the tank. The new female (a fair guess as she was considerably larger than the other 6 in the tank) was added a week after the original females disappearance. They've been in my tank for a touch over 3 weeks now.

That's how I figure the male/female mix. It is possible they could be male/male. If that's the case the larger would complete the transition to female. Pretty sure the 3" is a female already though. Her behavior in controlling the anemone and her size is the indication to me.

Shamen1
06-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I can't believe you would get rid of such wonderful specimens. That's like sending one of your family members off to live with a foster home..... what kind of fish lover are you!

** oh, by the way this is the buddy that's going with you on Thrusday.... hahahaha.

I'd take them if they fed the anemone on there own!:confused: