PDA

View Full Version : Reduction of microbubbles from HOB

HyempyReefer
05-31-2018, 03:34 PM
I have a hob AC70 that is at the right height but still produces microbubbles from the amount of flow returning into the tank. I've got set to the lowest amount of flow but still get bubbles. Anyone have any ideas? Ive thought about about changing the impeller to one rated for the AC20, but not sure it'll make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabbysd
05-31-2018, 04:03 PM
I built a "ramp"or raceway from a piece of plastic to extend the filters return(to the tank) closer to the water line. also try(if you haven't) changing the angle of the filter body with the adjutor on the back. I had previously swapped the AC over to a 12v dc pump (the $3 ones ) and it really didn't make much difference. in the amount of bubbles.

HyempyReefer
05-31-2018, 04:04 PM
I built a "ramp"or raceway from a piece of plastic to extend the filters return(to the tank) closer to the water line. also try(if you haven't) changing the angle of the filter body with the adjutor on the back. I had previously swapped the AC over to a 12v dc pump (the $3 ones ) and it really didn't make much difference. in the amount of bubbles.

My return is right on/slighty under the water line as it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk