PDA

View Full Version : June Update for my 30gal

MarLooney
06-24-2004, 05:44 PM
here's a couple of new pics. i'll get more soon. these were taken at night with half of my lighting... so 2x65W PCs.

MarLooney
06-24-2004, 05:45 PM
close up of above pic.

MarLooney
06-24-2004, 05:47 PM
this orange sclero was doing bad for a while with plenty of cyno covering it. it's in a better spot now with good current and a zoo rock to shade it. note the zoos are closed because this shot was taken at night. i just turned the lights on for a couple minutes.

MarLooney
06-24-2004, 05:51 PM
those same zoos open up big during the day... and the softie under it usually stays closed. i like how these zoos turned out in front. they were in the back of my tank and browned out a bit. now that they're in front they really look much better.

PonE619
06-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Marlo,

Man I so tempted to buy the tube coral at AW the other day but it was kind of small.... Just wondering how much was yours... Thanks!

MarLooney
06-24-2004, 07:29 PM
$11 + tax :D same for my blacks... and the yellows were free.

...mwuahahhhahahaha...

i got them from jeff's as part of their 9 for $99. great deal, but you gotta spend 100 bucks. don't forget all of their corals are wild collected so there's a chance they might not like living in captivity. also you'll find a lot of them, especially the non-photosynthetics, look like crap. they don't get to pick out what they want from the wholesellers... they're it. it took me a few weeks of babying the colony to get my coral to even open. if i had any fish in that tank i wouldn've never gotten them healthy. i was literally placing food on the polyps with no current and waiting half an hour at times for the polyps to swallow the food. i did this on a daily basis for a few weeks before the coral would even open. i had the same problem with the black piece. non-photosynthetics don't acclimate to living in the glass box as well as most corals. as you can see. they're pretty healthy now. i do have a piece of the more rare yellow varient of sun coral available but i'm looking for trade only.

they yellow one had no probs opening becuase it had spent some time in captivity. i did have to feed it heavily to get it back up to health. about half of it was dead when it was first purchased. i also trimmed away the dead parts and fragged it into three.

MarLooney
06-25-2004, 12:06 AM
by request. here's a shot of the new gorgs. i couldn't get a clear pic... so this'll have to do for now. i still have a couple for sale too BTW.

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Echinopora mammiformis

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
what i think is a yellow scleronephthya next to a white and red dendronephthya. i have two of the large reds for sale. not asking for much. the main thing i care about is that you have enough room for it to hang somewhere in a cave, dose phyto atleast a few times per week, and have good flow. it's just too big for my tank, but i really wanted the small ones next to it.

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
purple caps

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:41 PM
purple with green hue blastos

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Saron marmoratus

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:45 PM
OK these aren't in my 30... but they will be. first i gotta make a frag to sell in my July batch. these are very rare shrooms. anyone wanna make an offer :D.

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:46 PM
purple tipped stag and blue zoos

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 02:48 PM
last but definitely not least... Acanthastrea lordhowensis. more pics to come on other new stuff and some of the old stuff. i should be getting a new coral tomorrow too.

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Lythrypnus zebra

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
sky blue zoos... soon to find a place in my display.

MarLooney
06-28-2004, 08:49 PM
this is so phreakin cool! i found a cowrie on one of the dendros. it's perfectly camoflauged to be in it. all the colors match, even the spikes fit in well. i'm going to take a frag of one of the reds and i wanna keep the cowrie with it.

MarLooney
06-29-2004, 12:54 PM
finally a good shot of my black tubastrea...

no replies anyone? i thought these were nice corals... =T

[Cruzer]
06-29-2004, 01:12 PM
corals look great.. Now hurry up and prop these so I can get some.. :D

MarLooney
06-30-2004, 09:53 AM
thanks man, i guess you're the only one. anyway... here's a better pic of the gorg if anyone's lookin...

reefsoul
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MarLooney
this is so phreakin cool! i found a cowrie on one of the dendros. it's perfectly camoflauged to be in it. all the colors match, even the spikes fit in well. i'm going to take a frag of one of the reds and i wanna keep the cowrie with it.

DUDE!!!!! TAKE THAT COWRIE OFF YOUR CORAL AND OUT OF YOUR TANK!!!!!!! THAT'S A FLAMINGO TONGUE COWRIE!!!!
THEY EAT DENRO'S & GORGONIANS!!!
TRUST ME MARLO.....

hmmmm......those "sky blue" zoo's look very familiar.... i wonder..could those be the one's I showed you and told you to get????? ((raises eyebrow))

reefsoul
06-30-2004, 08:16 PM
here.....i fixed up your pix....what do ya think?

reefsoul
06-30-2004, 08:17 PM

MarLooney
06-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by reefsoul
DUDE!!!!! TAKE THAT COWRIE OFF YOUR CORAL AND OUT OF YOUR TANK!!!!!!! THAT'S A FLAMINGO TONGUE COWRIE!!!!
THEY EAT DENRO'S & GORGONIANS!!!
TRUST ME MARLO.....

hmmmm......those "sky blue" zoo's look very familiar.... i wonder..could those be the one's I showed you and told you to get????? ((raises eyebrow))

not even close. that's not a Flamingo Tongue. Trust me Lisa. yeah yeah, you got first dibs on the zoos. you would've gotten them if you didn't borrow money off of me. i don't see what you did with the pics. make 'em darker? i liked 'em unaltered and more natural looking. i didn't photoshop them in any way.

reefsoul
07-01-2004, 12:11 AM
alright....fine don't believe me. the last one i found was on my neospongodies leather....both ron and jason confirmed it. but i know nothing....*grin*
lol....go ahead and keep zoo's. jus given ya hard time. on the pix...all i did was the brightness, to make less of a glare. i don't mess with the colors of any of my pix...i don't see the need for it.

MarLooney
07-01-2004, 12:30 AM
that cowrie is not shaped like the flamingo tongue. i held it in my hand and saw its shell with out being covered by the spikey flesh (which the flamingo lacks). the flamingo has a raised section towards the center of the shell. it also has a destinct pattern not shared by this cowrie. it's probably a cowrie only found on that type of dendro. you saw what it looked like when we first noticed it. it was very hard to tell if it was even a part of the coral or not, it matched perfectly.

hopefully these zoos take off... let us keep our fingers crossed. they're nice ones so they'll probably be "trade only," but you've got nice stuff too, or atleast will by the time i can make frags, so we'll figure something out.

i always thought your pics were a lil dark... but to each his/her own. good luck with the new stuff we picked up. i love that porites piece!

MarLooney
07-03-2004, 06:36 PM
not a new coral but i liked the pic...

MarLooney
07-03-2004, 06:39 PM
this one is new to me: Tubs Ultra Exotics - Hawaiin Rice Coral (Montipora capitata) not the most colorful coral in the world but i like it cause it looks weird. if anyone has got any montis that have weird growth patterns lemme know.