PDA

View Full Version : Missing-2 Bar gobies

suver569
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Weirdest thing, got 2 bar gobies from ron yesterday, came home, acclimated them, and they quickly hid in some rockwork after letting them loose. They're totally gone now. No corpses, on the floor or in the tank, nada. Weird how 2 3" gobies can simply disappear.

brahm
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by suver569
Weirdest thing, got 2 bar gobies from ron yesterday, came home, acclimated them, and they quickly hid in some rockwork after letting them loose. They're totally gone now. No corpses, on the floor or in the tank, nada. Weird how 2 3" gobies can simply disappear.

You talking about the Hi Fin gobies, the ones that pair with shrimp, if so don't worry they will be hidden for the first while they are proboly wedged between your rocks or in the sand somewhere my Yasha Hasha do the same thing I have them in a 15 gallon tank and I've gone weeks without seeing them.

timd99
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah, my bar goby likes to stay hidden for some times days at a time. I forget he is in there until I throw some flake in and he comes out to say HI! He will cruize every now and again, but more often then not they are out of sight.

MrKrispy
06-21-2004, 04:44 PM
yah give them a week or two. My greenbanded ones did the same thing.

brahm
06-21-2004, 04:47 PM
..er wait are you talking about the free swimming bar gobies that ron sells, that are long and skinny and he keeps in the fish only tanks?

suver569
06-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by brahm
..er wait are you talking about the free swimming bar gobies that ron sells, that are long and skinny and he keeps in the fish only tanks?

Those are the ones.

suver569
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
ehh

Mike N
06-22-2004, 07:37 AM
I've kept them for years, allot of years and I can tell you that they are one of the most timid fish I've ever kept. They seldom if ever come out of hiding, spending most of their time buried in the sand or under a rock.
If Ron had some sand and rock in his display tank you’d never have seen them to buy them ;)

PS they are also jumpers

suver569
06-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Whoo hoo, just walked around the corner, and who's out checking things out, 2 Bar gobies. No corpses, yea!