PDA

View Full Version : New to SDReef

vikinglord13
10-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Hello all,

I'll be moving to Oceanside, CA soon and I was hoping to find a club that I'll be able to meet with local reefers. I'm hoping SDReef will work out.

I tried to find a calendar of events that posts when members meet and where. Can anybody help a fellow reefer out?

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Also, I have a 29G Biocube which is currently at my parent's place in La Habra, CA. All I have are softies. My fish are a maroon clown, sixline wrasse, and azure damsel. I have no idea how three aggressive fish haven't torn each other apart in such a small space, but it's worked so far, so I'm not complaining.

Rudyg308
10-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah buddy! Another reefer in O'side awesome! Well my name is Rudy and I also live in the beautiful city of Oceanside lol. There are a lot of great people here in San Diego county. Ever need anything just ask here and many will jump in and help. There is a few shops around as well but the closest is reefers garage in vista,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FDdragon
10-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Welcome! I don't live in Oceanside but I can say that this forum is the best one I've been a part of. The people are cool as hell and there is a ton of knowledge on reefing.

You will like it here.

vikinglord13
10-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Awesome, maybe you and I can meet up for a lunch or coffee/beer Rudy. I'll make sure to check out Reefersgarage when I get the chance.

Thanks guys, I'm a fan of discussing reefing that is for sure.

Rudyg308
10-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Sure bud. Pm on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XO PRESENTS
10-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Welcome to SDREEFS and America's Finest City... as Rudy said... tons of great folks on here. We have meet ups but are a little behind with coordination since we just got done hosting MACNA 2016. Stay tuned and look for our announcements, enjoy our forum and we look forward to connecting with you.

vikinglord13
10-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes, disappointed I missed MACNA. I thought it was this winter, oops.

vikinglord13
12-21-2016, 09:26 PM
So, I'll have to admit some confusion,
If one becomes a premium member of SDReefs are they then a member of SDMAS as well? Is there a difference? I'm looking to support the local clubs.

sushi
12-21-2016, 10:00 PM
So, I'll have to admit some confusion,
If one becomes a premium member of SDReefs are they then a member of SDMAS as well? Is there a difference? I'm looking to support the local clubs.

I just paid so I could put a picture in my avatar :angel:

But I think you are just supporting the board and not a member of SDMAS

:welcome:

vikinglord13
12-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Well, to answer my question I found this haha. Sounds like you're a member of SDMAS sushi.

Become a Premium Member!

Only $25 a Year.

With your membership you will be supporting SDReefs.com. You will help keep the site open to guests, your name turns Orange and an “I support SDReefs” banner is posted under your username. You help fund giveaways, hosting fees, and costs for additional site features. By leveraging the benefits within this site, you should easily save yourself the cost of membership over the year.

Additional features associated with the Premium membership:

1) Larger PM Box (750)
2) Full access to userCP (control panel) features
3) Signature pictures
4) Larger picture storage
5) UserName Changes on request
6) Access to unlimited CHAT
7) Membership to SDMAS
8) Discounts to Local Fish Stores – see the Sticky (cards coming soon!)

Thank you in advance for supporting the SanDiegoReefs.

sushi
12-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Well, to answer my question I found this haha. Sounds like you're a member of SDMAS sushi.

Become a Premium Member!

Only $25 a Year.

With your membership you will be supporting SDReefs.com. You will help keep the site open to guests, your name turns Orange and an “I support SDReefs” banner is posted under your username. You help fund giveaways, hosting fees, and costs for additional site features. By leveraging the benefits within this site, you should easily save yourself the cost of membership over the year.

Additional features associated with the Premium membership:

1) Larger PM Box (750)
2) Full access to userCP (control panel) features
3) Signature pictures
4) Larger picture storage
5) UserName Changes on request
6) Access to unlimited CHAT
7) Membership to SDMAS
8) Discounts to Local Fish Stores – see the Sticky (cards coming soon!)

Thank you in advance for supporting the SanDiegoReefs.

Wow, congratulations to me, I am a member of SDMAS! :lol:

Shows what I know... "When all else fails, read the instructions"