PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down my planted tanks...

acbaldwin
03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Here's the equipment, all items OBO:
48" 40 Watt T12 flourescent strip ($10)
65 Watt spiral CF floodlight (LoA, $25) <reduced!
1/2 case of black diamond carbon (free w/purchase)
4/5 case of ammonia remover (free w/purchase)
Dual output air pump ($10)
FW master test kit, used a few times ($5)
24" 20 watt NO retro strip w/2 tubes (cool white, 50/50) ($5)
2 13 watt retros (AC, ballast & 6500k bulb), no reflector ($12) (2 more available on or after 04/22)
Crappy pictures of individual items available upon request.

bhg
03-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Can you provide a list of plants and price? I can hardly see from the pictures. I need some plants, if not all of them

acbaldwin
03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey bhg, I was actually gonna pm you about this...
On the right side of the tank I have about 50 stems of anarcharis, growing a little leggy due to the lower light. In front of those I've got a great piece of driftwood with a bunch of java moss. Towards the middle I've got a huge Amazon sword, extensive root system. In front of the sword I've got a marimo ball attached to a piece of driftwood. Behind the sword I've got 10 small spiral vals, and one bug jungle val. To the left of the big sword I've got two more medium sized swords with runners, and to the left of those I've got a bunch of java fern (regular and windelov version, I'll probably hold on to the regular). Finally, at the farthest left side I've got a TON of H. Difformis (Water wisteria). I've also got 8 true Aiamese algae eaters, amano, and red cherry shrimp if you're interested ;) .
Name what you want and I'll come up with a price:) .
-Andrew

colindoug3
03-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I need to learn a bit more about planted tanks.... I am setting up my 20 long this weekend as I got the light strip back from a friend. Can I just pop them in there or does it have to be cycled? Would love some of those shrimp, but I wouldnt try in an uncycled tank.

acbaldwin
03-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Can I just pop them in there or does it have to be cycled?
I would mix some established tank water in with the uncycled tank and seed your current gravel with a handful of some thats established. They would probably do fine like that. Is your tank pretty well planted?

colindoug3
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
It's empty right now. I don't have any established tank water. I have a goldfish in a 5g bucket (just moved him). Maybe I can use some of that water. I do have a 10g that had water in it from existing tank, but has been unfilitered for so long. I was going to use the gravel from it.

acbaldwin
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I'll give you some water from my WC if you want, some gravel too. Plants have lots of bacteria throughout their roots and leaves, so if you introduce plants to the tank from the start that will help too... A planted environment is recommended for most cardina species of shrimp, but java moss is the most beneficial. PK has it by the cup for $4, I'll give you the same deal.
Shrimp, on the other hand, I'll sell for $3, which is 1/2 of what most places ask fo them.

acbaldwin
03-24-2006, 02:08 PM
updated bump... gotta get this substrate moving!

Malladawg
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey Andrew, I'll take these if they are still available.

48" 40 Watt T12 flourescent strip ($10)

24" 20 watt NO retro strip w/2 tubes (cool white, 50/50) ($5)

Eric

acbaldwin
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
BUMP!
Shiat Eric... I never saw your post!
Do you still want the lights? You can pick them up on Monday of you want!

gemini
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
how much for all the plants?
also would they be ok in a 29 gallon with stock lights(30 watts i believe)

acbaldwin
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Already sold all the plants to bhg a while back... but so you know 30 watts on a 29 is reaaaally pushing it.