PDA

View Full Version : ..neat little trick

brahm
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
for those of you that have sumps or fuges, and are keeping mandarins or other fish the consume pods, I found a neat little trick today.. Just place a media bag in your sump or fuge, leave it there for a week or so and after some aglea grows on it you'll find it to be crawling with pods, then when ever you want to get more pods in the display (so they don't get chewed up by the return) just take it out of the sump and give it a good shake in the the display tank.. alas thousand if not more, of pods will now safetly be returned back to the display..... So your fish can eat them!

my mandarins ate good tonight! They went nuts.

elgordoinavw
06-16-2004, 11:16 PM
good one-

brahm
06-16-2004, 11:31 PM
well I always new I had mass pods in my sump, and I knew that some would make it back, but most would get chewed by the return.. This way i can get them to all kinda collect on one easy to relocate item!

Trickman2
06-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Anyone got some pods to give me? I have a refugium but no pods yet. Got alot of fish so my pod polutation is sad. :(

brahm
06-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Trickman2
Anyone got some pods to give me? I have a refugium but no pods yet. Got alot of fish so my pod polutation is sad. :(

I've got algie and algie has pods on it, just go grab some rubble from OG and put it in your fuge you'll find pods in there in no time.