PDA

View Full Version : help, my ric!!!

jbvdhp
03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
i just picked up a super nice ric from will and it was a loose one. i didn't glue it to a rock, which i should have, and now i DO NOT know where it is! my question is: should i move the rocks around to find it (hopefully!), or will it somehow "find" the light and move out towards it?

if i move the rocks around, will it stress my fish out? if i don't try to find it, will it die cuz it's not getting light?!?! i'm super pissed! do you guys think something could have eaten it? i have two serpent stars that are always moving around on the sand bed...so...

any ideas of what i should do???

john

phishphood
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
calm down, chill out, read some more books and articles. I won't tell you to move your rocks or not, it depends how much rock there is and how much that ric meant to you. Yes, moving rocks will stress fish. Imagine someone tearing down your house and moving it all around. Will the ric die w/out light? You betcha. Will it find the light and start growing towards it? Maybe, depends if it settles on a piece of rock where there's some light. If it's buried under sand, then goodluck with that. I doubt your stars ate it, hermits might if it's dying.

any ideas of what i should do???
Yes...chill out and next time you get a coral glue it or attach it somehow....

BigAir
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
You may want ot go find it. I have a loose one that was given to me a while back, and it gets lost now and then. Yes, it could stress the fish when you are moving the rocks around.

Flamehawk
03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
rather than worry til your hair turn white thinking you loose whatever amount you pay for the ric. just do it...and say sorry to the fish, give them a nice meal later. :D

I don't know what your rock work looks like. Maybe take a flash light and try to see if you can spot your ric and figure out the best way to get it out if you can see it. If can't see anything, just move the rock. that's what I will do anyway. I might even try use a small power head and see if can get ric out that way, but probably creat a sand storm that end up can't see anything. :D:D

Good luck

swissfish
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
move some powerheads around and it will flush out

jbvdhp
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
sick. thanks for the ideas! i'll try the powerhead idea. i hope so... thanks fellas!

Poacher
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
So, did the powerhead work for ya? Sorry I missed you at Frag swap but My wife and baby came along to keep me from selling off our home for frags. You have a great tank. come on by I might have a frag for ya,

Phil 619-851-3553

mfishell
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
I've used the powerhead trick and it worked great for me! You may have to bounce the water off the side of the tank to get it to push under the rock...

Darrell
03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
I lost a ric before, only to find it a few days later. He got lost in the back of my tank and later found him near the front. I dont know if the current moved him or he moved. Either way I got him off the sand and put him on a nice rock and now he's growing and glowing nicely. He's now one of my favs!

Hope you find yours!

fish fu
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm good at getting stuff sucked up in filters and power head intakes. You might check you're pumps for something nasty and stankin. Not to say I would but I've heard of people stickin a tooth pic through them and sticking it on a little whole in the LR. That'll teach it not to hide and show it who's boss.

jbvdhp
03-14-2006, 10:05 PM
jim-haha.

phil. the POWERHEAD did not work for me. do you still have a frag? i tore up my tank looking for ONE ric. ridiculous. the powerhead only kicked up my sand. eesh.

lost ric forever. i enjoyed it for about 0.00000003 hours. haha

john

fish fu
03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Uh, I have 4 tanks full of frag. I have a ric chillin in the sand too if you feel lucky. 858-610-4931