PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found..............

Acoustic
01-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Finally I have aquired a Sarcophyton Elegans from AW. (Yellow Fiji Leather) It is gonna take awhile for this guy to achieve full beautification since it is so sensitive to change. The pores where the polyps are going to come out are very flourescent yellow. I will post an update picture when it decides to perk up and open.

brahm
01-08-2004, 01:42 AM
I got one of those at Octupus Garden a couple months back there awsome when all the little polyps come out.. Nice piece!

MarLooney
01-08-2004, 03:06 AM
i got one of those guys from Jeff's a month ago and it died! =( at jeff's you can only see the corals from above and i didn't see the rotting area near the base. once they're in the bags you can't see them either because the bags are blue. i went there recently and looked at all the corals i bought from top to bottom and everything's doing good.

M. Parkis
01-08-2004, 04:50 AM
When they get damaged you have to cut the bad part out right away or they slime out real fast. They are not a coral someone should buy For a new tank.

Acoustic
01-08-2004, 09:22 AM
It has been two days and mine is still sagging. It does close up and reform at night. I am kind of worried but it does look like it is lightly shedding.

brahm
01-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Leathers, shed from time to time.. They also Hate..being moved. Give it a couple of weeks untouched

MarLooney
01-08-2004, 09:29 PM
mine never slimed... it just rotted. i thougt about cutting out the bad part but it spread too quickly. i know now not to make that mistake again and for anyone going to Jeff's make sure you look at everything you can't see purchasing a coral from bins & not tanks.