PDA

View Full Version : my clowns host coral

liquafried
03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Ive got a green bubble tip. but my clowns (oc.) are hosting My grn brain and a large patch of xenia. any one had this happen?

jbvdhp
03-02-2006, 07:11 PM
i hear it happens alot. david m told me they host anything. mines host the corner of my tank. awesome! and there are plenty of real things for them to host.

Dakota
03-02-2006, 07:36 PM
My clown fish host my xenia.. it's not a problem.. dont' worry about it...

liquafried
03-02-2006, 08:22 PM
thanks for the info. But should I try like, maybe a blue carpet or something. I like the idea of everything in my tank living somewhat close to the way they live in the wild. Or would the clowns most likely stay with there chosen corals?

phishphood
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
my clowns have hosted a frogspawn for the past ~8 months. I just put in a rbta and they just look at it, then swim back to their frogspawn/hammer/green brain. Maybe they like green....hmmm...

Dakota
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Usually, once they choose a host they will stay there for some time.. They may choose ot have more than one, so it's all up to the fish. I wouldn't try to force it upon them. Anemones are something that I woudln't even suggest keeping in the first place due to the mortality rates.

phishphood
03-02-2006, 10:13 PM
it was from a tank that was torn down. I didn't purchse it from a lfs/wholesaler

pitfish
03-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Mine hosts a gonipora and they both seem to be doing ok. The gonipora kinda killed the RBTA after it tried to walk on it =/ , so the clown just stuck with the winner.

phishphood
03-03-2006, 02:27 AM
i really sorta doubt the goni killed the bta...that's just like...incredible. BTW, probably not in the goni's best interest for the clowns to host in it, but oh well.

mmoore0803
03-03-2006, 07:49 AM
I have 1 true perc that hosts my frogspawn and an oscellaris (the one in the avatar) that hosts my LTA

pitfish
03-03-2006, 12:01 PM
i really sorta doubt the goni killed the bta...that's just like...incredible. BTW, probably not in the goni's best interest for the clowns to host in it, but oh well.

Whether it did or not, I'm not absolutely sure. All I know is that when I came home from work the bta was puffed up around the goni and the goni was puffed up as well...its never did it before or since. It looked like aggression to me. The bta was in my tank for a couple weeks and seemed to be just fine but it was all downhill after that incident. I agree with one thing you said tho, it probably isn't the best thing for the clown to host the gonipora.

liquafried
03-03-2006, 01:53 PM
could someone help me out with how to post pics

Vayder1
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
One of my clowns host my candy cane's and he drives the other one away. I do have 2 RBTA's (1 split after 6 weeks of feeding) and they both have taken a good peek at them, and even kinda swam in em a few times but I guess the candy canes are where its at for at least 1 of my clowns.