PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Fish Stores

nanoreefbro
03-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone, I am going to Hawaii and was wondering if anyone knows of any fish stores there?? Thanks

jbvdhp
03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
try smuggling something home. heh heh.

nanoreefbro
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah I heard you can't bring any livestock back right??

nanoreefbro
03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm going to be there for a year and I wanted to set up a saltwater tank while I am there. I wanted to know if there were any fish stores that anyone could recommend. I checked aol yellow pages and it listed a few.

Therapy
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
You will be so disappointed when you go to any LFS in hawaii. It is totally illegal to keep any "live coral" in your aquarium. You will find only a few fish that you could even get at petco here in san diego, in almost every LFS you go to. There are no aquatic warehouses anywhere to be found.
You are better going off to hanauma bay and see it fo real.

nanoreefbro
03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Wow really?? :( Guess I'm gonna have reef withdrawals then... :(

ninhsavestheday
03-03-2006, 01:07 AM
good luck bro, i can't imagine NOT keeping a reef tank.

Darrell
03-04-2006, 12:55 AM
The fish stores there suck. My uncle's neighbor used to catch and export fish. Funny thing is, I saw his customer list and some of the fish stores I go to down here are ones he sells to. That guy was pretty cool, he gave me a cleaner shrimp, 2 morish idols, and a yellow tang for free (but I think my uncle paid him).

Little Luey
03-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Your back yard could be your "reef tank", go snorkeling

CardiffReef
08-06-2006, 11:25 AM
my buddy lives is maui and he has a reef tank. dont know what stores he goes to but, pretty sure you can get corals. good luck. hanauma bay is basically a kiddy pool with destroyed corals from all the retarted people that dont listen. but if yur PADI certified you can do some dives off the inlets further out in the bay which has some good reefs.

DaChrisDude
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM
there's one store I remeber in a mall near the airport, very close to where they park the big cruise ships...

coral diver
08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Why do you need an aquarium when your at one of the best place for the real thing my best $ 0.02 is to learn to scuba dive

nanoreefbro
08-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah I went snorkeling today at Shark's Cove. I saw alot of fish mainly Parrotfish, Kole, Naso, Convict, and Achilles Tangs. I'm gonna work on getting certified. As far as fish stores I've only found two that were pretty decent. One down in Waikiki called Modern Pet Center and one in Pearl City called Coral Fish Hawaii. Prices are really good but no corals. The do sell zoos though but they can't be attached to rocks.