PDA

View Full Version : My 3g Nano - New to this

JMarsh
02-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone.

Names Justin, Im new to the salt water reef world. My wife got me a 3g nano for christmas. Im currently sitting with the JBL pico tope.

Set-up:
Stock light and filter

Fish:
1 Dwarf Clown
2 cleaner shrimp
1 two toned horned blenny
1 red fromia star

SPS/LPS:
Pink Zoas
Mushrooms
Flowerpot
Ricordia
Acan
Torch anemone

I welcome any and all input. Set up is about 2 months old.
http://i.imgur.com/KtX5gN9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rx1rpBA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TWh25yX.jpg

sushi
02-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone.

Names Justin, Im new to the salt water reef world. My wife got me a 3g nano for christmas. Im currently sitting with the JBL pico tope.

Set-up:
Stock light and filter

Fish:
1 Dwarf Clown
2 cleaner shrimp
1 two toned horned blenny
1 red fromia star

SPS/LPS:
Pink Zoas
Mushrooms
Flowerpot
Ricordia
Acan
Torch anemone

I welcome any and all input. Set up is about 2 months old.
/Users/JUMA/Downloads/IMG_2364.JPG
/Users/JUMA/Downloads/IMG_2366.JPG
/Users/JUMA/Downloads/IMG_2367.JPG

Welcome friend! I want to see your tank! I think you need to upload your pictures to a site like www.imgur.com and then paste the URL for the images for your post, then it should work.

jessegarcia28
02-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Or use tapatalk;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMarsh
02-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Welcome friend! I want to see your tank! I think you need to upload your pictures to a site like www.imgur.com and then paste the URL for the images for your post, then it should work.

Thanks, I uploaded and they showed up perfectly!

nanoreef1
02-22-2016, 08:36 PM
Nice! Welcome to sdreefs! Your going to meet some good down to earth people. Welcome to ask for any input as I'm sure there's reefers in here doing it before I was even born. But have to take it slow number one rule. Nothing good comes from rushing it in this hobby. I'm sure your going to become an addict very soon! I smell upgrade! Hahaha

There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside.

sushi
02-22-2016, 08:46 PM
That is a cool little tank!

Rudyg308
02-22-2016, 08:57 PM
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammieT
02-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Nice! Welcome to sdreefs! Your going to meet some good down to earth people. Welcome to ask for any input as I'm sure there's reefers in here doing it before I was even born. But have to take it slow number one rule. Nothing good comes from rushing it in this hobby. I'm sure your going to become an addict very soon! I smell upgrade! Hahaha

There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside.
Don't you have like 100 tanks by now lol

SammieT
02-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Let me say welcome to the hobby. It gets tricky but I'm sure everyone here would be willing to help with any questions or comments.

1 word of advice, try and not let too much sunshine hit the tank especially with the heatwave going on. I keep mine away from the Windows where sun light can't hit it so I don't get a big algae problem

nanoreef1
02-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Don't you have like 100 tanks by now lol
Hahaha no 1 tank.

crabbysd
02-23-2016, 07:31 AM
Thats a sweet little set up!
On all my nanos and even my 20 and 30 gal I ran a HOB refugium with chato. Nutrient control.
This is the big one theres smaller ones. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Hang-On+Breeding+Box