PDA

View Full Version : Xenia 205: How to kill Xenias?

ninhsavestheday
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
What's the best way to remove xenias They are growing between my SPS' so it's not easy to scrap them off with a razor :mad:

any ideas?

ninhsavestheday
03-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I need Xenia eating NUDIS!

evol
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
just grab onto they stalk and rip them off! haha. thats what i did! haha then took sum long tweezers to pick off what ever is left over on the rock. funny cuz i threw them in my fuge and they are still thriving. haha.but they havnt grown back frum where i ripped them off! or just give the rock of xenia to me and ill throw it in my sump.

ninhsavestheday
03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
haha. i'm planning on throwing them all into the sump. I heard they are good at reducing phosphate or something...

ilikualot
03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
You could put them into my tank. I have a great ability to kill all xenia in my tank. Everything else lives great but xenia is DEAD!!!!!

ninhsavestheday
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
You could put them into my tank. I have a great ability to kill all xenia in my tank. Everything else lives great but xenia is DEAD!!!!!

LETS TRADE TANKS! Do you do anything to your tank... I justt use scripps water and dose bionic.

evol
03-02-2006, 11:19 AM
heye ninh how do u dose b-ionic? do u have a doser? or u just dose the recommended amount each day?

ilikualot
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I dose bionic every three or four days. When i dose bionic I also put in iodide. Other than that I use scripps and add water to top off.

I have tried high flow areas low flow areas. Lots of light a little light. It is crazy how quick I kill em and I read on here how they take over peoples tanks.

ninhsavestheday
03-02-2006, 11:37 AM
i heard xenias love iodine.

chris, i use to drip Mrs. Pickles, and then dose bionic every once in awhile for the extra boast.

MFR
03-02-2006, 11:49 AM
that adding Amquel to your water knocks 'em out. I don't like the ide so much as it probably affects other things as well. I just cut em 'off with scissors and brush off the remainder with a hard toothbrush preferably, outside your tank:D

MFR

evol
03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
ilikualot...i had a problem with xenias in my tank at first...but now they just thrive like weeds. I groom them sometimes once a month! but yea...
Ninh...what are u using to dose the mrs pickles?

FishRFrndsNtFud
03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
When you rip them off, though, they will make slime so you might only want to do a few at a time..

evol
03-02-2006, 12:14 PM
rip them off and thow them into you sump. aka the toilet! haha lol jp. that messed up...many people on this boards can benefit from one trash or weeds. I got a few xenias i need to groom soon who ever is interested...give me a few weeks for the stalk to get a bit larger.

M_DEZ
03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Here is a link on dosing mrs. wage pickling lime. If you want to try it I have one 1lbs container left for $4.50.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.php

ilikualot...i had a problem with xenias in my tank at first...but now they just thrive like weeds. I groom them sometimes once a month! but yea...
Ninh...what are u using to dose the mrs pickles?

evol
03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
thnx for the link M_DEZ