PDA

View Full Version : messed up clown fish

liquafried
02-27-2006, 08:23 PM
I just had a clown go up a siphon to my overflow. As it turns out all the fan part of his tail is gone. He looks happy but at this point i dont know what to think....Will he be ok? Just wondering if anything like this has happened to any of u.

nanoreefbro
02-27-2006, 08:28 PM
I just had the same thing happen to one of my clowns two days ago.. I thought he was dead but my son was looking into the filter sock and there he was.. Swimming around. I got a net and put him right back in the tank. He seems to be fine now.. I'm glad I caught him in time.. :)

liquafried
02-27-2006, 08:36 PM
yup its a shame he lost his tail though

nanoreefbro
02-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah but it will grow back :)

liquafried
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
thanks man thats what i needed to know

DaChrisDude
02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Lol, I have a recent Clown/disaster story of my own.

I recently drilled holes in the backside of my acrylic 55 for an overflow and return for the sump I made. That first night I connected all the plumbing and turned it on --I didn't have any sort of net or anything to keep critters from getting into the overflow yet--and went to bed. Next morning couldn't find clownfish, looked down in the sump and sure enough, there was a non-moving orange spot stuck on my filter pad, high and dry, poor clownfish. I picked the dead lil booger up and held him in my hand for several seconds, then, he gave a spasm, so I immediatly dumped him into the fuge. He sunk to the bottom non-moving. Few seconds later, another spasm. Then another. Then one fin twitched, started flapping around, then the other fin. Long story slightly shorter, he's perfectly fine now. He lost most of his fins and didn't eat very well for a couple of days, but now he's beautiful again and fat as ever.