PDA

View Full Version : Help!

farrington300
02-27-2006, 07:22 PM
So my apartment is being fumigated for termites. They are going to tent the building and spray. The whole process takes about 48 hours. What do you think i should do. Move the tank or try and cover it somehow. Does anyone have exp with this problem. LMK what you think.

jbvdhp
02-27-2006, 07:43 PM
dood, i just read about this same problem. i think it was on reefcentral.com or something. they were talking about pressurizing the tent with scuba O2, and getting some type of tarp or something like that-very complicated, and they had to vent it out thru a window or something. good luck man!

Mike N
02-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Often they will cut the power to the building when tenting the place, this in it self may pose a huge problem. I've seen people seal up their tanks and pump fresh air from outside into the sealed tanks, but this was only for spray pesticide, not fumigation.

If you really value you livestock I'd plan on having them held at a friends until everything is done.

brncsfns5621
02-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Talk to the fumigation people. When i lived in a condo they did mine and they said the chemical they used did not harm aquariums. The water acted as a buffer. But ask them to see what they recommend.

SDFISHMAN
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
If you need to move them I have a few nice sized tanks running 250W HQI lighting.. LMK..

nanoreefbro
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
When I get the interior of my house sprayed for ants they told me to turn of the pumps, fans, skimmer, etc and put a damp towel over the sump and the top of the tank for about two-three hours...