PDA

View Full Version : Need these Solar Thermals removed

borg
09-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Im getting solar panels installed to save money on electricity since my aquarium hobby/addiction takes too much power.

Unfortunately, when I bought the house, these solar thermals (pic attached) were already installed. Now I need them removed.

I think I can do it myself but Im worried about the mounts that are holding the thermals together. Im not sure I can patch the holes correctly.

Anyway, can anyone here take care of this? or know of anyone that can? (remove thermals, pipes, and mounts).

Obviously, Ill compensate for the services.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Borg 562 857 6563

seareef
09-15-2015, 10:28 AM
If the panels work, id be interested in them. I can't patch the roof but I can remove the panels.

borg
09-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Yea they work. They heat up the pool and I think are only designed for pools.

I still need to figure out how to patch the roof. Once I figure out that problem, I can figure out what to do with these mats.

Tapio
09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Yea they work. They heat up the pool and I think are only designed for pools.

I still need to figure out how to patch the roof. Once I figure out that problem, I can figure out what to do with these mats.
Yes they are panels for solar pool heating and work great if they are functioning. A good solar company installing electric panels should be able to and offer to take those down for no cost. Otherwise I think you are doing business with the wrong solar company. We have solar pool panels and will have solar electric installed any day now (waiting for city permit). We have an old solar water heater that the company will be removing for no cost to us. I know this is a $1500 value.