PDA

View Full Version : Joking and niceties, etiquette, etc.

lth03
02-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Why you guy so mean on the seller? If the box is full and He have phone number,what is so difficult to make a phone call than calling other poeple name????
I think we should set a level of respect to other member on this forum in order to maintain it as clean as we want.
Every one have a mother for sure and I think your Mom did taugh you say please or thank you when you ask for something from some one else ,did She?????

lth03
02-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Who just deleted my post???I hope not you again Nick!!!!

lucubrator
02-23-2006, 09:47 PM
There isn't a deleted post on this thread.

swissfish
02-23-2006, 09:59 PM
sucks when you hit the back button after sending the reply and then beeing all freaked out when you can't find the reply.
Don't worry ith03 it happens to the best of us.

QAScooter
02-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Hey ith03,

Sorry for the informality. I happen to know this guy pretty well, and I was just messing with him, in a verbal way. I apologize if I offended anyone. I know I didn't offend theAntiHonda...

lth03
02-24-2006, 08:35 AM
As all you guy known that even though our little forum here small but every one on the world can still enter and see how are we doing in here.THE FINEST CITY SUPPOSE TO HAVE THE FINEST PEOPLE TOO !!!!!:) :)
I had been reading some article from diffirent forum in the Midwest and they are very well behavoir,helpful and polite:eek: .I hope we can do the same like that until next time some one visit us and will not saying we are a whole bun of trash in here.
REMEMBER PLEASE:
WHAT YOU POST IN HERE WILL BE SEING BY EVERYONE ALL OVER THE WORLD SO BETTER KEEP IT APPRORIATE.:rolleyes:

ilikualot
02-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Does that mean we can't joke with our friends?

lth03
02-24-2006, 10:18 AM
you can joke with your friend all you want in private:rolleyes: but this is a public place.It is definitely not a place to call other people bad name or verbally abuse like you do to your friend:mad: ,your friend be O.K. with it because He knowns you but other don't known and we all get very bad reputation because of you two using this forum to make fun on each other.
You can joke in PM,say all you want to say and flip him off call all name to make him piss whatever but not reply post on a thread where everyone can see it.
I hope my idea today will be seriously consider and understand in order to build a better community around San Diego to compete with other forum around the nation.:) :)

QAScooter
02-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Did I not apologize profusely enough for you ith03? Proper spelling would also be a good thing, if you're concerned how "the world" sees this board. Of course, that is just my opinion,

SDFISHMAN
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM
lth03 I understand where your coming from on some stuff but as for telling a friend his 10K tank is ugly hopefully all the other people in the world that your worried about seeing will see its a joke. If we weren't having fun nobody would be here.. For your other post about the midwest (helpful and polite) I alway give stuff away to other and try to help out anyway I can.. You can ask anyone on this site I have no problem giving stuff away but if I want to joke with someone I'm not going to hide I'll let the whole world see..

lth03
02-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I just don't think it is a good idea to call name.SDFISHMAN if you are my friend,between you and me call name(I mean bad name) is normal ,it is how we do it but but if nobody known we are friend and they will look at us like...what?...
That is my point on all my post in here.
I known you are very helpful to other people SDFISHMAN but you better look around here,there are not many people like you and we want more help than more joke do we???

phishphood
02-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Just a thought, but do you think you guys can move this dicussion to the lounge please so that anti_honda can continue selling his tank? Thanks, and I think he'll appreciate it.

lth03
02-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Good idea

GAD
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
What up John, this is 'WallyWalt" from the occreative site back in the day. I saw "the_anti_honda" and knew it was you. You still working at that fish store? Get back. (clear your msgs foo)

Walt

luistwentyone
02-24-2006, 11:39 AM
hey lth03, he is ANTI-HONDA !!!

so lets give him all the crap we can !!!!

reef
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
'jerky' and 'punkboy' are hardly offensive or bad names. Anyone looking at that should see the humor in those comments. Actually, if anyone from 'the outside' is looking in our our forum they would most likely think that we are a close group based on these comments and name teasing.

lth03
02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
yaeh.I drive a Honda as Marc (reef) known and this guy is ANTI-HONDA!!!!HM..HUM...should we get him like luistwentyone?

richardf
02-24-2006, 07:32 PM
anti_honda PM sent, but box full.

simplepleasures
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I find it hard to believe that this conversation continued about joking in public like people do not joke because they are on the public street. And on top of that the person who made all the fuss just ruined a thread that was not his.
I know the seller and he has sold the tank so this thread can go to the bottom of the list.

lucubrator
02-24-2006, 10:13 PM
So, to let the anti honda keep selling his tank, I moved the posts over to this thread.

shmitr
02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
For polite, clean fun check out www.reefcentral.com (http://www.reefcentral.com) :)

phishphood
02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
rc = overmodded

I wonder how many of us sdreefers would get kicked/banned from that site...heh
One of the beauties of this site is that, while there are moderators, most things generally do not get out of hand. In fact, before this thread actually came along, it's been a fair amount of time since there was an outburst. One thing about this site though, is the presence of so many people with different backgrounds and different thoughts on morals. Like any large group there will be differences, however there is nothing to say that we can't be different. There will always be differences of opinions, and I'm sure most people can understand what someone's talking about. This doesn't mean that we each have to convince someone else that we are right.

lth03, to address some of your questions, yes anyone in the world can view this site. As such, they can make their own judgements about the people here. However, I think an outburst such as what has happened recently makes much more of a negative impression on them than some friendly name-calling. If you would like to enforce a strict code of civility, then by all means ask moore for moderator powers. However, his say is final and if you aren't made a mod, then by all means create a forum on your own in which you have power to change/delete peoples posts for being uncivil.
But as of now, this is not your site and therefore you are just a part of the community that is sdreefs.

lucubrator
02-25-2006, 12:36 AM
You bring an interesting point. How many of us HAVE actually been banned from RC?
I haven't, but I know two or three of you who have.

SDFISHMAN
02-25-2006, 12:38 AM
All be back I'm going to get banned right now..

SanDiegoReefs
02-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Haha... yeah, perhaps we should all strive to get ourselves banned from Reef Central... wait no, I don't encourage that sort of behavior... ha.

As far as local policy goes... we try to let things settle themselves. I generally tend to believe that people here (most of the time) have the maturity level required to self-moderate. Sometimes we have things that are borderline, and the offended people will complain, while non-offended people get upset that things were moderated. It's tough, but c'mon... that's what makes this site fun: it doesn't try to be PG (or PC)... so let's all have some fun.

MrKrispy
02-25-2006, 09:45 AM
wooohooo jaiger shots and chicken wings lets party!

wsonner
02-26-2006, 02:07 PM
As all you guy known that even though our little forum here small but every one on the world can still enter and see how are we doing in here.THE FINEST CITY SUPPOSE TO HAVE THE FINEST PEOPLE TOO !!!!!:) :)
I had been reading some article from diffirent forum in the Midwest and they are very well behavoir,helpful and polite:eek: .I hope we can do the same like that until next time some one visit us and will not saying we are a whole bun of trash in here.
REMEMBER PLEASE:
WHAT YOU POST IN HERE WILL BE SEING BY EVERYONE ALL OVER THE WORLD SO BETTER KEEP IT APPRORIATE.:rolleyes:

They took away the "nice" posts with the avatars. You gotta pay $3/$5 per month to get it back ;-).