PDA

View Full Version : Pod problem

Bickmade
06-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Last night I saw some pods finish off my last zoo I had on a tonga branch. They were getting eaten from my girls tank and I tried to save them by putting them in mine. What kind of fish would get rid of the pods?

brahm
06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
most fish will pick at pods, but Wrasses do a good number on such as a 6line.. Manadarin Dragonets will also but they require a large number and a well established tank to survive.

Trickman2
06-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I thought copopods are good?

brahm
06-16-2004, 10:10 AM
they are, pods should eat zoo's that doesn't make sence.

Bickmade
06-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by brahm
they are, pods should eat zoo's that doesn't make sence.

Thats weird, no one believes me and my girl when we tell people that our pods eat zoos. There was a thread at nano reef and the guy actually took pics of it happening. Just last night a *****in piece of sh!t pod was eating at our yellow polyp (it has sentamental value) and almost looks like its going to fall off our LR. ***** PODS!DIE

brahm
06-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bickmade
Thats weird, no one believes me and my girl when we tell people that our pods eat zoos. There was a thread at nano reef and the guy actually took pics of it happening. Just last night a *****in piece of sh!t pod was eating at our yellow polyp (it has sentamental value) and almost looks like its going to fall off our LR. ***** PODS!DIE

well there are many diffrent types of pods, some are bad some are good, as previously suggested get a 6line.

Trickman2
06-16-2004, 10:38 AM
You got bad PODS. LOL:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bickmade
06-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by brahm
well there are many diffrent types of pods, some are bad some are good, as previously suggested get a 6line.

I bought one yesterday and he didnt like my tank at all, I had to put it in my girls tank. Let him eat her pods first. Any other suggestions? Traps? Can I move the coral to higher part of the tank? Do they swim like cleaner shrimp?

Flamehawk
06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
sounds like one of those classic scifi movie. "The killer Pods"

hehhehe

Speaking of pods, I threw some small snails in my fuge to eat the algaes growing on the side of the tank. But than I found a few of them end up upside down at bottom. Can't figure out why until I see some pods running away when I use a stick to turn the snail right side up. So I figure the pods in the refugium don't have as much food avaliable to them than the ones in the main tank, so they attack the snails.

I think I lost about 2 or 3 snails to the "KILLER PODS" :D

Bickmade
06-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Flamehawk
sounds like one of those classic scifi movie. "The killer Pods"

hehhehe

Speaking of pods, I threw some small snails in my fuge to eat the algaes growing on the side of the tank. But than I found a few of them end up upside down at bottom. Can't figure out why until I see some pods running away when I use a stick to turn the snail right side up. So I figure the pods in the refugium don't have as much food avaliable to them than the ones in the main tank, so they attack the snails.

I think I lost about 2 or 3 snails to the "KILLER PODS" :D

I was thinking that too, they do anything to stay alive. I heard that zoos are toxic when fragging. I wish they would of killed my pods when they are having a $20 dollar meal!

Drea
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey BIckmade I feel you. I have these giant pods eating my zoos. Every time I look I can see them munching away. I tried moving my zoos to where there’s more flow but that didn’t help. I lost a colony of seven nice bright orange and brown polyps. It hurts:mad: I guess I’m going to buy a fish. I'm not sure which one yet. I was thinking about a yellow clown goby.

Bickmade
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Drea
Hey BIckmade I feel you. I have these giant pods eating my zoos. Every time I look I can see them munching away. I tried moving my zoos to where there’s more flow but that didn’t help. I lost a colony of seven nice bright orange and brown polyps. It hurts:mad: I guess I’m going to buy a fish. I'm not sure which one yet. I was thinking about a yellow clown goby.

you can have my 6 line for temp, and see what happens! i hope they clean out joys tank soon!

Drea
06-16-2004, 11:57 AM
cool, I wouldnt mind trying it. Let me know if it does a good job HOUSEKEEPING!!!

Bickmade
06-16-2004, 11:59 AM
cool, I wouldnt mind trying it. Let me know if it does a good job HOUSEKEEPING!!!

yea, our cleaner shrimp does a good hand job! i meant cleaning it!

WanaLeime
06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Thats some Crazy Sh*t , "Killer PODS"....If you can find one, lepoard wrasse love pods, maybe a mandarine goby?, but once you run out of pods ...bye-bye mandarine, its rare that accept prepared or frozen foods. hope this helps.Good Luck

Bickmade
06-17-2004, 09:11 AM
they started eating my zoos that I bought from marlo. :( they grew a couple of heads and now they are chomped off. Do they swim to the surface of the tank? I mean pods!

WanaLeime
06-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Some times they do. i took a flashlight to my tank at night and I saw them everywhere swimming aorund, crawling on the glass near the surface. In my experience, the only way to controll them is naturally....with some fish. wrasses i.e sixline, yellow coris, lepoard. Personally I own a lepoard, Some say they are hard to get to eat, but once the do, they dont stop. My lepoard wrasse ALWAYS has a full stomach.

Marlo is proppin ZOOs, You can always get more.:D

Bickmade
06-18-2004, 09:35 AM
I had a ton of pods in my fuge and I put some in my tank and six line tore them apart. (this was in my girls tank). So I got one and put it in my tank. I hope everything works out fine.

MarLooney
06-18-2004, 08:04 PM
aww man the zoos died. i have a piece posted available right now. free if you fix yer pod problem. just pick 'em up. lemme know if you want me to hold on to 'em for you. yeah WanaLeiMe's lepoard eats anything including flakes and loves it. i had a yellow coris and it went to work on my pods. unfortuneately that caused my green clown goby to starve. and in the end i returned the coris to my dad's tank and found it on the floor the next day. =T

Drea
06-23-2004, 09:19 AM
This weekend I bought a barnacle blenny to help out my pod problem. He’s a cute looking fish. I put in some brine shrimp to see if he’ll eat. Well I saw this giant pod run out the rock and grab some shrimp. It was crazy. I swear it was a “killer pod” and my blenny grabbed some brine and went back in his cave tail first with in a blink. He’s so sharp and fast. The other day I came home from work and saw my blenny with a huge pod in his mouth so I know he’s eating them. Lately I haven’t seen any huge pods just some little ones. I would recommend getting a barnacle blenny not only do they eat pods they’re cute and have personality.

brahm
06-23-2004, 09:22 AM
This weekend I bought a barnacle blenny to help out my pod problem. He’s a cute looking fish. I put in some brine shrimp to see if he’ll eat. Well I saw this giant pod run out the rock and grab some shrimp. It was crazy. I swear it was a “killer pod” and my blenny grabbed some brine and went back in his cave tail first with in a blink. He’s so sharp and fast. The other day I came home from work and saw my blenny with a huge pod in his mouth so I know he’s eating them. Lately I haven’t seen any huge pods just some little ones. I would recommend getting a barnacle blenny not only do they eat pods they’re cute and have personality.

Barnicle blennies are one of my favorite fish one day i will have a tank with 1 barincle blennie per gallon

Bickmade
06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
eaohoehohaoehohoahoeohea

edit: when you run out of pods for the fish your gonna have to feed him once every other day. not sure if thats good for the water but they like to eat all the time.