PDA

View Full Version : Rbta

wsonner
02-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Ok, at the risk of sounding like a hypo...does anyone else get a headache after handling their RBTA? It's not like I take it out and pet it or anything but sometimes I need to rescue it from the sides or top of the tank. I've noticed I always get a weird headache after messing with it. Or is it me? :-)

IgotCrabs
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
My frogspawn gives me a rash of some sort wherever it comes in contact with my skin and i noticed the effects are stronger everytime it stings me. Makes me a little dizzy but no headache

brncsfns5621
02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeh, I know what you mean. When I take my corals for walks on the beach, I sometimes get a strange feeling.... can't describe it........ :D

wsonner
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeh, I know what you mean. When I take my corals for walks on the beach, I sometimes get a strange feeling.... can't describe it........ :D

Sometimes when I take my coral out and play with it it gets real big and puffy. Is that normal? ;-)

BigAir
02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
T.m.i.!!!!!!!!

phishphood
02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
sonner, no i dont, but your bta shouldn't b wandering like that. it's not happy where it is or something.

wsonner
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
sonner, no i dont, but your bta shouldn't b wandering like that. it's not happy where it is or something.

Very astute of you :-). We just moved the tank from our old house to our new house and everything got rearranged and needed to re-settle. Everything survived except I can't fine my emerald crab. Probably buried him in the sand.

swissfish
02-22-2006, 10:08 PM
just use the reef gloves. the only coral that stings me is mi Bali Bubble, but no rash or headache just a little sting.

Dakota
02-22-2006, 10:36 PM
except I can't fine my emerald crab. Probably buried him in the sand.

how much? What'd he try to get away with? I've considered monetary consequences, but they never pay up! Usually, I end up putting them in the fuge for isolation when they mis-behave.

wsonner
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
how much? What'd he try to get away with? I've considered monetary consequences, but they never pay up! Usually, I end up putting them in the fuge for isolation when they mis-behave.

This is pretty funny. Especially given that my nickname around my friends is "The Spelling Nazi" :-).

Daniel
02-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Sometimes when I take my coral out and play with it it gets real big and puffy. Is that normal? ;-)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

<3 sdreefs ;)

treylane
02-23-2006, 11:04 AM
ya, diff people can be sensitive to diff corals... some people it's zoos, and with me it's nasty painful hives when I touch those nice pink yumas....

Frag Hag
02-23-2006, 12:12 PM
My frogspawn gives me a rash of some sort wherever it comes in contact with my skin and i noticed the effects are stronger everytime it stings me. Makes me a little dizzy but no headache

IgotCrabs - sounds like you are having a reaction to the coral. It could be a sensitivity, or it might be a type of allergy, but I wouldn't risk a full blown reaction. Pick up some gloves for working in the tank, and it might not be a bad ideal to have some antihistimines (benedryl, etc.) on hand just in case.