PDA

View Full Version : Back in Business

David M
02-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Some of you know that I am a liscensed electrician but have spent the past 6 months doing a large house for another contractor. Well it's done and I am back to searching out service & repair work as well as small additions & remodels. Please help a bro out by thinking of me if you know anyone in need of electrical work of any sort. BTW, I pay finders fees :D 619-865-1295 or mulcahy2@cox.net .

David M
03-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Just a bump, I ended up staying at that job until Friday, so now I'm officially "unemployed" :eek:

jwelch87
03-13-2006, 05:04 PM
David,
Hit me up sometime, I still would like to create a sperate circuit for my tanks and I am also building my kids a playhouse and would like to put electricity in the house.

FishRFrndsNtFud
03-14-2006, 09:45 AM
I think Dynalectric is hiring...

David M
03-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks but that's not the idea, having a job leaves too litle time for breeding clownfish :D That's why I quit the other one :p

Dakota
03-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey, David, I have a question. Is it possible to make a circut box for my tank stuff with GFI and all that, but then mount that somwhere near the tank and plug it into an outlet? As opposed to hardwiring in a whole new circut? I ask becuase I'm in an apartment, and can't really do that, but I'd like to clean up my wiring and plugs and stuff and make is safe with a true GFI thing.

David M
03-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Sure but you can accomplish the same thing with an "in line" GFCI and a powerstrip. Making up a panel isn't going to increase the power available at that one outlet. The only real advantage would be that you could have separate breakers for various equipment and then if something does go wrong (blow the circuit) the whole tank won't go down, just that circuit.

Dakota
03-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Sure but you can accomplish the same thing with an "in line" GFCI and a powerstrip. Making up a panel isn't going to increase the power available at that one outlet. The only real advantage would be that you could have separate breakers for various equipment and then if something does go wrong (blow the circuit) the whole tank won't go down, just that circuit.

That's exactly what I'd want for now; Just something so if my heater blows, it'll blow THAT circut only. I just wasn't sure if putting circut breakers hooked up to ONE plug would do anything. I would actually end up using two outlets, probably. split my wattage in 1/2 and hook them up that way. I've just had the whole circut blow before (realizing that the dining room and extra bedroom were on one circut, so I had to change that) and I want to avoid that is one peice of equipment goes.

When I get a house and end up with my dream tank (whenever that will be), then I plan to wire a whole new breaker panel and such.

victortrav
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
hey david send me a message i need an electrician

swissfish
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Just make sure you are using 5A or less sub brakers.