PDA

View Full Version : Shooooots, it's been a long while...

rtco
07-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm kinda, sorta back, some of you may remember me as splitkooks, Reef Trading Company, or just plain Max.

Things have changed, as life often tends to do.

So out of the old tiny (700! square foot) apartment, in the good old homeland of Ocean Beach, and into some real space (1.7 acres) in Crest (above, and looking down onto the El Cajon valley.

And as change happens to go, so did my tanks, parting (even partially) with a hobby is tough...

So, I sold off all my equipment - livestock, and pride; leaving me to 2 full years of 60 hour weeks investigating marine fraud all over the northern hemisphere, surfing in every single place I could, and moving over 40,000 miles in the air alone.

As I transition into the head position of my company (family owned), and my life is slowly starting to resemble some sort of pattern again - I think it's time for some more salt in my life!

So it is with great pleasure, I say: I am looking for a show tank to fill my (now bigger) place. And it also is my pleasure to rejoin the community that showed me everything I know.

Here's to the meetings, la runs, black friday sales, PIF luck-outs, Scripps water troubles, and leaking bulkhead fittings! :bounce::bounce:

It's great to be back!

sushi
07-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Hey that sounds pretty cool, do you work in claims adjusting or something?

bps619
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Welcome back!

CMD2213
07-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Glad to have a member return

jkennedy1007
07-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Glad your back!
Cant wait to see what set-up you go with.

Can always help if needed ;]

rtco
07-30-2015, 01:54 PM
sushi - Independent insurance investigator, claims settling, and stolen boat investigation

bps619 & cmd2213 & jkennedy1007- so stoked!

jkennedy1007 - ill keep you and everyone updated...

It's strange... the personnel turnover rate at some of the wholesalers is gnarly - worker, managers, and whole food chains in some cases have all been replaced... Starting fresh with 'new' sales people is always a blast

LotsaFishies
07-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Congrats and welcome back Max!

I've got several clients looking to sell.. What are you looking for? Size / style / dims / price ?