PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on 125g set-up

Deep_blue
02-20-2006, 09:05 PM
First, whomever set-up this site has done a great job. I've been "surfing" for the last month or so and really like the atsmosphere.

I've owned many freshwater tanks, but now wanting to jump over to saltwater. I recently bought a 125g that I want to make saltwater with a mix of small fish and reef. I need advice on where to buy all of the accessories (sump, protein skimmer, pumps, etc) to get this thing set-up and running. Can anyone tell me where or who would be best to talk to? Best prices, etc.

I'll probably have a few dumb questions for wherever I buy.

Thanks for any advice.
Robert

dbrooks
02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
the best place for the best prices is on this list. be patient and you will pay 1/3 of what you would pay retail.

I have a 125g (6 ft.) as well. There is a guy in Orange county selling a used Euro-Reef skimmer - buy it.

Also keep an eye out for the larger seio pumps - great for increasing flow in the tank (I just adde one tonight).

phishphood
02-20-2006, 09:14 PM
there's some great reading over at www.wetwebmedia.com as well as some..I stress some...info over at www.reefcentral.com
But as dbrooks said, best place to buy things is here. Usually a lot cheaper than anything you'll find in a store. There's a few guys on here that can take orders for livestock and/or dry goods and get it to you real cheap. mparkis does a great job at that. As for questions: ask away. But use the search function on the site first. Welcome to the wonderful world of reefing