PDA

View Full Version : Need help: Breaking down my tank

dhuynh
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm not leaving the hobby... SO NO DIBS biotches! =)

But I do need some help breaking down my tank this Thursday (2/23/06). The tank will be emptied in preparation for some major changes. If you're free and willing to help in returns for LR/corals/etc... LMK. Lunch will be provided.

I'm thinking the entire process will take a couple of hours.

Date: 2/23/06 (Thursday)
Time: 10 or 11 am?
Where: 11639 Petenwell RD, 92131 (Scripps Ranch)
Phone: 619.300.1390

Thanks,
Danny

GoTakuF1
02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
When are you going to do this, Danny? I'll help out.

Kindaconfused
02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
If you arnt done by three i would be happy to help. I have school till 3 and i can do whatever after that.

GoTakuF1
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
How much beer you got, Danny?

dhuynh
02-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Kamil: thursday because I'm planning to get some construction done on friday/sat/sun. If you can't make it; don't worry about it. =) Thanks for offering though!

GoTakuF1: You want beer? You got beer. =)

nah2ofish
02-20-2006, 09:27 PM
same here, i have to work all day, but i'll call and if your not done by 330 i will definatly swing up and help. thanks for the tank by the way. already have it set up and running with about 25lbs of lr and ls thanks to mcdonaldtj. but seriously thanks for looking out.

cory

dhuynh
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
No biggie. Swing by anyway after work. I'm sure i'll have some frags for you.

same here, i have to work all day, but i'll call and if your not done by 330 i will definatly swing up and help. thanks for the tank by the way. already have it set up and running with about 25lbs of lr and ls thanks to mcdonaldtj. but seriously thanks for looking out.

cory

nah2ofish
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
cool, thanks but you really don't have to do that. you've already helped me out enough. but if you say so....:D

dhuynh
02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I just know there'll be frags when I break it down. Anyone helping me will get first dibs on stuff, but you'll be welcome to scraps. =)

cool, thanks but you really don't have to do that. you've already helped me out enough. but if you say so....:D

supaboy1981
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
are you leaving the hobby for good or a short vacation?

dhuynh
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Not leaving the hobby. I've learned a lot in the past few months since I started the hobby so I'm just redoing my tank the way I really want.

are you leaving the hobby for good or a short vacation?

pitfish
02-21-2006, 12:58 AM
I'll come by and help. I need the exercise. :)

supaboy1981
02-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I would but I am out of town that day for my friends B-day or else I would be there to help move that monster!

Good luck

dhuynh
02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
haha.. we're NOT moving the tank. We'll just be moving the sump/chiller/pumps/plumbing and livestock. That tank is not going anywhere. It won't be hard labor. I just need people who know how to handle livestock, etc. =)

I would but I am out of town that day for my friends B-day or else I would be there to help move that monster!

Good luck

dhuynh
02-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the willingness to help! It's awesome!

Anyways, there's not a whole lot of work, but it'll be nice to get enough people to help me get everything done quickly. =)

So about 11am or 12pm on Thursday. If half these people shows up, I'll be more than enough. If you're on the list and can't make it, no worries.

AGAIN... THANKS for all the offers!
---
phishphood
kamilek
Igotcrabs
GoTakuF1
Yolo0603
pitfish
kindaconfused
nah02fish

What need to be done:
- Build a temp holding area for the LR, fish and corals. Might have to raise an RK-II bin about 2-3 feet.
- Runners to go to home depot to help by parts
- Empty water from main tank to holding bins
- Move LR to holding bins
- Create coral shelves for holding loose corals

LUNCH will be provided. I'll go eat In-n-Out burgers or Pizza, cold sodas and beer. =) If anyone want to just come hang out, it's cool too.

dhuynh
02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Home Depot is just around the corner from me. We'll end up having to head to HD at least once or twice. You don't have to bring anything.. maybe gloves so you don't get cut by the LR.

We'll plumb two RK-II bins together with a sequence pump. I think it should be okay. =)

Danny,
Should we bring buckets, some kind of plastic storage/holding containers? I have a 50w heater, 10g tank and a canister filter (for flow) I could borrow.
Do you need some kind of tools, PVC fittings, glue, egg crates?
LMK, so I can pack everything tonight.

dhuynh
02-23-2006, 06:46 PM
THANKS!

Thanks everyone that showed up today! We made some alot of progress and everything seems okay. So far so good.!

dhuynh
02-25-2006, 06:45 PM
The second part of the breakdown will be on Sunday at 2pm. It will not take more than a couple of hours. Then dinner is on me at San Sai, a new Japanese restaurant near my house. =)

I would love to have 2-3 people helping me out... just like last time.

Thanks guys!
-Danny

Malladawg
02-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Do you have enough people? I'm free today.

Just let me know.

Eric

The second part of the breakdown will be on Sunday at 2pm. It will not take more than a couple of hours. Then dinner is on me at San Sai, a new Japanese restaurant near my house. =)

I would love to have 2-3 people helping me out... just like last time.

Thanks guys!
-Danny

dhuynh
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks Kamil!
Thanks Pitfish!

Man! I could have never done this without you two today... and of course w/o Yolo (Mike)! Thanks you guys.
And thanks for everyone that offered to help!!! I appreciate it!

Lunch or Dinner is on me when you guys are free.

-Danny