PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend Frineds Scratched My Tank!

Kindaconfused
02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Is there a way to fix scratches in an acrylic tank? i need to know fast because im really pissed and really want to scream. I try so hard to take care of it!

adampweiss
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
There are scratch removal kits that you can use on acrylic, some say even with water in it (not to sure this is a good idea). I have to pick one up myself after MY friends scratched my tank. I think aquatic warehouse has them for like $30. Good luck!

Kindaconfused
02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks. It was acctually my girlfriend sisters friends who are 14 and are really mean. They came in stoned and stuck a marshmellow on it and it dried. Whithout realizing it i took a sponge to it and it made it scuff. Im really mad right now. Iv worked so hard on this tank!

GoTakuF1
02-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear that but it sounds like you need to set some boundaries for those kids. My dog tried to catch the little fishies once but he knows better now :)

GoTakuF1
02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
No, he's swimming with the fishies ;) Just kidding, actually, I sat down and had a talk with him, you know, owner to dog and he's cool after that.

IgotCrabs
02-16-2006, 11:05 PM
go to ridout plastics. they have the acrylic scratch removing kits that aw warehouse sells for a lot cheaper. they are about 2 blocks east on clairemont mesa blvd from aw. Novus scratch removing kit. works really well and it comes in 1,2, or 3 depending on how deep the scratch is.
Let me know how the xenia, and shrooms take to your tank.

lucubrator
02-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Cripes, 14 year olds are getting stoned these days?
What'd they do, say, "jehovah?"

Really though, those kits work fine.

colindoug3
02-17-2006, 12:29 AM
i second the novus... you can get all 3 for under 10 dollars, dont buy one for 30 @ AW.

Kindaconfused
02-17-2006, 01:15 AM
ahh i feel alot better now. So far the xenia and shooms are doing ok IGot Crabs. Anyway the kids are going to hear it from me tommarow. Hopefully i will be able to control myself lol.

Dakota
02-17-2006, 08:16 AM
novus works, but it's a PITA imo... to much buffing, especially for the deep scratches. I've had the best luck with "rainbow life guard" removers. You can even use them INSIDE a stocked tank. I had the nastiest scratch on the inside, and it worked wonder (if not labor intensive).