PDA

View Full Version : RB Anon

sacredfire
02-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi my name is Nick.

I have RB

When trading and buying corals please be sure to check closely for RB.

I will not say who I think I got it from because they might not even know they have it themselves. But please, Be a Fellow SD Reefer and let us know if you do before trading or selling.

ninhsavestheday
02-11-2006, 12:55 PM
red bugs

swissfish
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM
What does your wife think about that?

sacredfire
02-11-2006, 09:59 PM
She dosent know yet.

If she finds out she'll automatically know it came from you.:D

Which doctor do you visit?...:p

Dakota
02-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi my name is Nick.

I have RB

When trading and buying corals please be sure to check closely for RB.

I will not say who I think I got it from because they might not even know they have it themselves. But please, Be a Fellow SD Reefer and let us know if you do before trading or selling.

Maybe you should tell the person you think you got it from so they can check. I hope that no one will purposly sell/trade corals that have red bugs. That's just dirty. I have heard, however, that red bugs have had a wave hit recently. . . I'm sure a lot of people may have them and not know it.

dt90gt
02-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I have some red bugs as well, I think. They are really small, like red dots really. They walk around this acro I got from a LFS. They don't seem to bother it much, still has good polyp extension day and night, color looks good too. Since I am lazy, there will be no treatment until I feel like getting off my ass. Or until the coral starts looking distressed.

Dakota
02-12-2006, 12:43 PM
They will multiply.. spread.. and begin eating your SPS polyps.. I'd get rid of them before they become a plague

MrKrispy
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Last week I just noticed my main tank was infested again, pissed me off. I have gotten several corals from local peeps a few months ago, and one or two from LFS. They are probably all infected anyway.

I now believe Quarantining is nearly useless for corals, because many times it takes several months for symptoms to show. If you treat everything new with Interceptor you kill any cool hitchhikers (like acro crabs).

I have a frag tank so I have to move my acros from the main tank to that, and nuke the whole system. Not pleased.