PDA

View Full Version : Egg Crate 5.00

brahm
06-12-2004, 08:10 PM
I just got done setting up my prop tank I bought a big piece of egg crate for 9.97 at home depot and used a little over a 1/4 of it, If anybody wants the buy the rest, first 5 bucks takes it.

MrKrispy
06-12-2004, 09:19 PM
hey brahm, can you post a pic of your prop setup? I am not real thrilled with mine, some pvc pipes and egg crates. Not easy to move stuff, it tips over like a drunken PB floozy, and I am starting to get a bit of algae so I have to be able to let the snails get around.

thanks man

brahm
06-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MrKrispy
hey brahm, can you post a pic of your prop setup? I am not real thrilled with mine, some pvc pipes and egg crates. Not easy to move stuff, it tips over like a drunken PB floozy, and I am starting to get a bit of algae so I have to be able to let the snails get around.

thanks man

Here she is in all her glory,..

brahm
06-12-2004, 10:10 PM
i took the lazy route, lower light corals go further from the center, depending on how much more rock I add, I might be changing things around a bit.

MrKrispy
06-12-2004, 11:15 PM
prefect thanks for your time.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any cleaners in your frag tank? I am not sure why I am getting algae, I wanted to avoid Phosban but I have red and hair algae showing up after a month. Doh.

brahm
06-12-2004, 11:33 PM
prefect thanks for your time.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any cleaners in your frag tank? I am not sure why I am getting algae, I wanted to avoid Phosban but I have red and hair algae showing up after a month. Doh.

Yea I through some snails in there, and i'm debating a clam. If your intrested in phosban, there is a product called rowaphos that is supposed to be the best stuff right now, I was planning on asking if anybody wants to do a group by from marine depot to get some. heck i'll start that thread right now,

MrKrispy
06-12-2004, 11:53 PM
well I saw that thread and call this one.

I have been using Phosban for awhile in my regular tank, pretty happy with it compared to polyfilters and such. There has been a uproar about rowaphos on RC lately, although on a long enough timeline I am sure every product has issues like this. Go to the SPS Keepers section and have a read. I am gonna stick with Phosban, only because I have enough to last me a year or so...

MarLooney
06-13-2004, 12:01 AM
i've got hermits and snails but they're not too good at climbing the crate. i hear the hermits dropping every once in a while from the top shelves. :D

brahm
06-13-2004, 12:13 AM
well I saw that thread and call this one.

I have been using Phosban for awhile in my regular tank, pretty happy with it compared to polyfilters and such. There has been a uproar about rowaphos on RC lately, although on a long enough timeline I am sure every product has issues like this. Go to the SPS Keepers section and have a read. I am gonna stick with Phosban, only because I have enough to last me a year or so...

are you talking about the clumping? or something else, where have you been getting your phosban? and do you have it in a reactor?

MrKrispy
06-13-2004, 01:04 AM
no not the clumping, the tissue recession, etc.... with rowaphos. I have only used Phosban the last 6 months or so, because I couldn't find rowaphos. I throw it in a media bag and jam it in the aquaclear. Keep in mind, my main tank is a 20L.

My only reactor is alcohol dehydrogenase. ugh lame

GEFRANKLE
06-13-2004, 05:37 AM
I use phosban with a Two Little Fishes phosban reactor (Phosban charge $12 and reactor $35-$40) Worked real well at first but lately getting some hair algae again. It has been running about a month. One 150gram charge should last about 3 months. I got the stuff from www.petsolutions.com. I am thinking of trying rowaphos to see if it is any better. Another thing I just did was to add a second DI stage to my RO/DI unit. This has dropped the dissolved solids to 0 from about 10. Our local water starts out at about 450-500 TDS so the standard unit will just not bring TDS to 0. Hopefully this will, given some time solve the problem. Now if I can just control myself and not add too much fish and coral...

George

Bickmade
06-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Still have any egg crate?

brahm
06-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bickmade
Still have any egg crate?

yup.

Bickmade
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Ill take it off your hands!